- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CIS Administrative Assistant will assist the CIS Chair with administrative tasks related to department management and will assist CIS faculty with tasks related to IS course management.
The CIS Administrative Assistant is appointed by the CIS Chair and is responsible to the CIS Chair.
· Oversee office management at consistent, agreed-upon hours
· Assist CIS faculty in all aspects of editing course content on Canvas
· Assist CIS faculty with specific research questions using the DIU library or other sources
· Create photocopies, or create PDFs from articles, books, and other sources, for faculty research or for use in specific courses, either current or in-development
· Take notes at CIS Department meetings and maintain the Department Notes archive.
· Track program assessment data
· Suggest improvements to department procedures and recording systems in order to streamline CIS administration
· Research and collect data on schools, churches, and other institutions for recruiting purposes.
· Prepare and deliver bulk mailings
· Assist CIS Chair with course administration and research project administration
· Assist CIS chair in creating documents, forms, proposals, etc.
· Able to learn to provide early guidance to students inquiring about coursework in their selected major
· Research grants for which CIS faculty can apply
· Communicate via email or phone on behalf of CIS chair
· Other tasks as assigned by CIS chair
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Self-starter; able to take initiative to make improvements in line with the CIS vision
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to edit and manage courses on Canvas in coordination with CIS faculty
· Able to carry out rudimentary academic research in libraries and in online databases
· Clear written and oral communication skills
· Able to use standard office equipment
· Able occasionally to lift up to 50lbs
Standards: These responsibilities will be successfully met when the tasks are completed within the allotted time and in respect of any specific criteria that are part of each request.
Dallas International UniversityWhy Work Here?
Team atmosphere while educating students for the future.
The mission of Dallas International University, as an institution of higher education, is to provide training and research opportunities leading to degrees in applied linguistics, culture studies, and development of languages.
7500 WEST CAMP WISDOM RDDallas, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Dallas International University