BCBA - Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Dallas Healthcare Consultants Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BCBA - Board Certified Behavior Analyst, West Houston, TX
Summary of Position
The primary function of the Board Certified Behavioral Analyst is to plan, develop, and monitor a variety of behavioral support service delivery options to meet the needs of clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and/or other behavioral and social/communication challenges. The BCBA also consults with and teaches instructional team members regarding pro-active, educational, programming, and behavioral supports; develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans; and collaborates with team members, related services providers, families, and other agencies as appropriate.
The board Certified Behavior Analyst will provide intensive treatment for children and adolescents, all of which have an Autism Spectrum Disorder and /or other social/ communication challenges. The majority of services involve providing Early Intensive Behavior Assessments and developing Behavior Intervention Plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide training and supervision of Children's Autism Trainers and instructional aides through observations, meetings, performance coaching and other methods.
2. Establish and maintain data measurement, collection, and analysis systems for clients receiving behavioral interventions. Maintain appropriate documentation and prepare and complete reports as required.
3. Ensure that all treatment plans and programs comply with contract requirements, satisfy all relevant insurance certification and other expectations, and meet or exceed professional standards. Maintain highly organized, consistent, thorough, and systematic record keeping practices.
4. Conduct structured periodic service reviews to monitor the effectiveness of treatment programs and their implementation; modify and document plan changes as needed.
5. Provide staff development, training, and modeling for team members in strategies and methodologies for working with children on the autism spectrum and/or clients who have
behavioral, adaptive, and/or social/communication challenges. Conduct in-service training, workshops, and presentations to develop skills and establish consistent practices. Provide consultation regarding crisis interventions and critical incident supports.
6. Participate in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, team meetings and program visitations.
1. Must be currently certified as a BCBA with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
2. A Master's degree in special education, psychology, or related field, with specialized knowledge of behavioral health and treatment philosophies and professional practices
3. A minimum of three years of recent experience working with individuals who have autism spectrum disorders and their families
4. Knowledge of early childhood and autism assessment tools and procedures, and thorough knowledge of child development. Experience developing positive behavior support plans and programs; experience teaching social interaction and play skills
5. Knowledge of current methods and techniques of applied behavior analysis and discrete trial training; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, parents, and professionals; competence in analyzing assessment results, designing appropriate individual treatment plans and behavioral programs, and monitoring progress
1. Strong communication skills to work with a diverse team.
2. Basic computer skills and be able to use all required software.
3. Ability to problem-solve and assist in decision-making, including during emergencies or when a supervisor is not onsite.
4. Work productively to develop relationships with individuals, families, and natural supports.
5. Proven creative abilities, strong organizational and time management skills.
6. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and good customer service skills.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Assistance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.