The Intake Managers primary role To assist the Director in the management of the day-to-day operations of the Intake Department, ensuring prospective service, link recipients' to appropriate resources or care providers as well as assess the needs of walk-in clients and phone callers and ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitors staff performance and provides regular feedback on quality and quantity of work and on conduct; reinforces positive work behaviors and intervenes in problems.
- Provides Intake department coverage.
- Maintains documentation and other administrative documentation associated with calls and services received.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal and external working relationships.
- Trains staff in needs assessment procedures, establishes and maintains an effective Intake back-up system.
- Assist administration, physicians and clinical staff in the assessment of pending admits and coordination of services.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate direct and indirect facility assessments and client admissions making decisions concerning the level of care for treatment.
- Direct the screening of potential patients for admission into the program and initiate the integrated assessment process.
- Identify and address safety concerns to ensure the safety of patients and service providers.
- Make decisions concerning the level of care for treatment.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years clinical experience, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting, phone triage, tele-health or case management or combination of education and experience. Inpatient experience preferred.
- Education: Masters Degree in a relevant field (e.g., social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology)
- Licenses: Licensed to practice in the State of Texas as a LMSW, LCSW, LPC or LPC-I
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge and clinical skills in diagnosis and treatment of mental health
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health.
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Must have excellent listening skills with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others. Outstanding communication (written and oral ) skills, assessment and intervention skills. Persuasive manner and skills in overcoming denial and resistance to treatment.
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium. Ability to empathetically relate to people.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.