Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Chief Operations Officer(COO) of Construction, this position will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by Dallas Neighborhood Alliance (DNA). This position will be responsible for assisting with flow of starts, preparing and submitting periodic grant reports, contract draw requests and payments, contract documents, project amendments, and related reports, as well as, overseeing the purchasing department and managing the day-to-day performance of purchasing staff ensuring that project/department goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. This position will work with a diverse group of external vendors and customers, as well as, internal employees at all levels of the organization to maintain and continuously improve purchasing operations procedures and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies, and capital equipment
2. Procure materials and services from qualified sources
3. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s)
4. Periodically evaluates vendors/suppliers and advises COO of Construction when vendors are not meeting requirements. Evaluates and recommends new/substitute vendors, when necessary
5. Evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs
6. Maintain a process for regular negotiating, rebidding of contracts, comparing prices and negotiating with suppliers to achieve best value for money
7. Prepare estimates, take offs and pricing updates and maintain in finance/accounting software.
8. Manage the permitting process for all starts and assist Finance department with the flow of starts
9. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management policies and procedures to ensure compliance, workflow and operations
10. Maintain master contracts for materials and trades to ensure vendor files contain all proper documentation
11. Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
12. Manages the Builder’s BRIX Schedule
13. Generate budget templates and run construction budget packages for each project using finance/accounting software
14. Maintain a process to monitor and resolve vendor payment issues
15. Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders
16. Ensure Davis Bacon Reporting compliance by trade partners
17. Resolve vendor and contractor grievances and claims against suppliers
18. Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with local, state and federal laws
19. Maintain accurate electronic files for each home
20. Submit construction invoices, energy star reports and a series of loan documents to the City for reimbursement on homes built as energy efficient upon completion and closing of the home.
21. Apply for and manage various permits and interact with local municipalities
22. Accurately track and complete processing of all homes
23. Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
24. Works independently and with a team on ad-hoc projects
25. Work with Construction to ensure productivity, safety and quality of workmanship
26. Work efficiently with city and county municipalities, survey companies, structural engineers, septic companies, architects and various others to obtain needed documentation
27. Deliver on established deadlines
28. Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required (Minimum):
· High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, business administration or related field preferred
· 3+ years of residential construction purchasing management experience
· 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred
· Proven experience with sourcing and vendor management
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
· Working experience with vendor management software
· Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
· Great organizational skills and pays attention to detail
· Solid judgement and sound decision-making skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to read and write in Standard English.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
· Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
· Ability to foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
· Ability to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
· Ability to listen perceptively and convey awareness.
· Ability to interact diplomatically with the public in a continuous public contact setting.
· Ability to work as part of a team and in a team environment.
· Ability to maintain level-headedness in the face of resistance and contrary opinions.
· Ability to analyze, compare and contrast financial information.
Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity