- Posted: over a month ago
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking a Warehouse Associate our Minot, ND Mechanical location. In this full time, hourly position, work is typically performed between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday, but may vary on occasion according to business needs. As a Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for all aspects of warehouse operations, including but not limited to: order pulling, shipping & receiving, putting product away, handling and preparing product for shipment, and maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Warehouse Associate at DSG:
- Accurately pull material from location to fill each order
- Pack, label and put filled orders in proper locations for delivery
- Operate gas and electric forklifts and riders
- Operates wire measuring / cutting machine, cuts proper wire to proper length, mark tags with new wire amounts and fills racks when needed
- Operate pipe machine, cuts pipe to proper length and depth
- Sweep and mop floors, clean and dust shelves, sorts and dumps trash in appropriate bins
- Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Handle calls for warehouse when needed
- Use computer and/or RF scanner to check on status, availability and location of product
- Notify inventory control about shortages or overages in inventory
- Load delivery trucks as needed
- Assist in Receiving as workload permits
- Inspect trucks before delivery to ensure that they are in good working order and will pass road inspection, such as checking tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, etc.; report any vehicle problems and/or set appointments to get problems fixed
- Frequently communicate with fellow employee owners regarding how product should be loaded and to learn of any problems or concerns
- Perform any other duties as assigned
A Successful Warehouse Associate Typically Has:
- Basic product and warehouse or delivery knowledge that would normally be acquired in one to three years of applicable experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and an ability to prioritize tasks.
- Safety training on material handling and forklift driving.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- The physical ability to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis, and up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Prior computer knowledge, experience and skills.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.
Dakota Supply Group
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Dakota Supply Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?