Telecommunications Outside Sales Account Manager
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking a Telecommunications Outside Sales Account Manager for our Wisconsin region. In this full time, salaried plus commissions position, work is typically performed during standard business hours, 7am-5pm, Monday through Friday, but will vary on occasion according to business and customer needs. As an Outside Sales Account Manager, you will actively promote DSG's telecommunications products and services to both contractors and industrial accounts and assure customer satisfaction in order to maintain and build strong business relationships with our customers, partners, and communities.
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Telecommunications Outside Sales Account Manager at DSG:
- Travel up to 300 miles of branch to establish, manage, and maintain strong customer relationships and accounts by providing stellar customer service, including responding to and calling on customers as necessary
- Work with our Inside Sales Associates to identify, prioritize, and implement initiatives that will improve customer satisfaction and territory growth
- Seek and develop new customer opportunities and accounts
- Introduce, promote, and demonstrate new products and marketing programs
- Correspond with Branch Manager and Purchasing Agents on changes in product demands
- Act as a facilitator for the customer ordering process, including: processing all types of customer orders, correcting orders, responding to open order and back order inquiries, responding to customer requests for product returns, and suggesting changes for improving the overall order process
A Successful Telecommunications Outside Sales Account Manager Typically Has:
- A high School diploma or equivalent; postsecondary degree is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (required).
- Product and technical knowledge normally acquired in two or more years of college or technical school OR 3-5 years field experience in the residential/commercial applications of telecommunications products.
- Strong sales skills, with a proven track record of successful territory development.
- 3-5 years of sales experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask in order to effectively prioritize and manage workflow.
- A strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through/follow-up.
- A general understanding of telecommunications software and programs to help customers with designs and rebates.
- Familiarity with DSG Web Commerce and the ability to instruct customers on its uses.
- Excellent time management skills.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.
Dakota Supply GroupPlover, WI
BusinessView All Dakota Supply Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.