Rural Utility Services (RUS) Inside Sales Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking a Rural Utility Services (RUS) Inside Sales Associate to assist in managing and quoting rural utility projects. In this full time, hourly position, work is typically performed during standard business hours, Monday through Friday, but may vary on occasion according to business needs. As a RUS Inside Sales Associate, you will be responsible for creating RUS quotes, writing orders, taking calls, managing project communications, and providing excellent customer service.
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of a RUS Inside Sales Associate:
- Serve as a primary facilitator for RUS projects and customer orders
- Work with Contractors on Bidders lists to ensure accuracy of quotations
- Collaborate with Vendors and Engineers to verify the compatibility of products quoted
- Follow up with Engineers and Contractors upon completion of the quotations package (bid)
- Assist customers in a professional manner with product inquiries
- Write (and occasionally assist to fill) orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide trouble-shooting and technical support
- Work with other sales team members to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
- Restock the counter area according to product brand and location
- Identify and encourage the sale of additional products as applicable
- Continue education on latest updates to products through manufacturer schools, trade shows, tech schools, vendor meetings, trainings, trade journals, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
A Successful RUS Inside Sales Associate typically has:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Product and technical knowledge normally acquired in two or more years of college or technical school OR 3-5 years field experience in the residential/commercial applications of waterworks products.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service and communication skills across a variety of settings (in-person, phone, and email).
- Strong attention to detail, paired with the ability to multi-task.
- A knack for active listening to determine customer needs and maintain strong relationships.
- Superior problem solving, project management, and analytical skills.
- A high proficiency with computers – experience in Eclipse or other ERP systems preferred.
- The ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- The physical ability to frequently lift & load items weighing up to 60lbs.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.
Dakota Supply Group
AddressRice Lake, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Dakota Supply Group