- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking a Purchasing Intern in Plymouth, MN for either the Spring or Summer 2023 semester. The Intern will be hired on an hourly, non-exempt, and temporary basis and may work up to 40 hours per week. Arrangements for immediate, full time hire or postgraduate hire will also be considered. Students currently enrolled in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Logistics, Wholesale & Distribution, and/or the applicable industry degree programs are encouraged to apply.
The Purchasing Intern is responsible for learning and executing the duties of the Purchasing Agent to support the day-to-day operations of the Purchasing Department. The Intern will provide customer service to all DSG locations, and will answer basic questions, applying knowledge of day-to-day procurement/purchasing operations, including inventory, purchasing, sourcing, and pricing. The Intern will navigate the organization, provide additional direction to complex inquiries, enter detailed information for each request into the ERP system, and ensure closure of requests in a timely manner.
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Purchasing Intern at DSG:
- Provide customer service to branch inquiries and requests coming through phone calls, e-mails, instant messages, and other forms of communication
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the organization's branches, purchasing department teams, and fellow corporate departments
- Consistently provide responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Log, complete and/or coordinate incoming requests
- Assist in resolving basic questions, applying knowledge of day-to-day purchasing operations including inventory, sourcing and pricing
- Basic questions may include: material information, identification and availability; vendor contact information; purchase order tracking and updates; vendor and customer pricing inquiries; pricing adjustment coordination and documentation; transfer route and buy schedule information
- Work with the Purchasing Agent to navigate the organization, providing additional direction to complex inquiries
- Complex inquiries may include: inventory adjustment requests; pricing error resolution; receiving and invoice discrepancy coordination; returns processing; sales order troubleshooting; material transition inquiries; material maintenance; vendor maintenance
- Enter detailed information for each request into the tracking program and ensure closure of requests in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
A Successful Purchasing Intern typically has:
- A High School diploma or equivalent, with current enrollment in post-secondary coursework concentrated in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Logistics, Wholesale & Distribution, and/or an applicable industry degree program.
- Customer service experience (preferred).
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft, and Office365 programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, reading, and analytical skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Organizational and time management skills.
Dakota Supply Group
BusinessView all jobs at Dakota Supply Group
Get fresh Purchasing Supply Chain jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.