- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Dakota Supply Group (DSG), we have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America. Since 1898, DSG has provided materials to jobsites across the country, building futures one job at a time. We are a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused diversified solutions provider. Included with our comprehensive benefits package is a highly competitive Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), with which our employee-owners have a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
Specific Duties of the Data Analyst:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the existing sales process and identify areas for process improvement.
- Implementation of new processes, educating the sales team on how best to utilize new tools and methods.
- Work with the VP Sales in developing sales strategies and improvement of the sales process using internal/external data, as well as emerging trends and opportunities.
- Evaluate current tools available in the sales process and maximize sales growth and customer engagement by getting the most out of the systems available.
- Assist segment managers and purchasing with creation and implementation of a comprehensive vendor scorecard.
- Aid the marketing team to provide a better customer experience using data analytics.
- Assist marketing with analyzing/researching competitors while being able to effectively communicate the data to DSG management.
- Assist marketing and IT with research on CRM platforms, as well as own the implementation of the platform throughout the enterprise.
- Support sales forecasting activities by researching geographic, industry, or other data factors.
- Independently research and analyze the relationships between key business metrics and present the findings and recommendations to business leaders.
- Provide data-driven input to drive future organizational goals.
Analysis / Reporting
- Work with DSG Segment Managers to develop a comprehensive product on analyzing vendors using data.
- Will be required to become proficient in Phocas BI and create reports that drive positive behavior for the organization.
- Aid operations and the sales team on inventory reporting, focus on creating visibility to maximize turns and cash flow by region.
- Consistently look for ways to provide reports to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency with the sales team.
- Understand all internal/external data sources, interpret the data to effectively communicate the relevancy to the organization.
- Analytical – synthesizes complex, diverse, and technical information, track return on investment.
- Problem solving – individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Judgement – individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgement and makes timely decisions.
- Planning / Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time and resources efficiently; develops realistic plans.
- Project Management – able to employ recognized project management skills whereby scope, schedule, and budget are developed and adhered to.
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite / 365; expert knowledge of Excel, BI platforms, and Eclipse.
- Strategic thinker who can use data analysis and intuition to optimize processes and performance.
- Precise attention to detail and the ability to work with many types of people.
Qualifications of the Data Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in data analytics or computer science and experience in a role with demonstrated experience utilizing data to improve process and efficiency. Advanced degree in data analytics or similar is beneficial.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional relevant work experience in data analytics/visualization and sales operations/business analytics.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs - expertise in Excel.
- Background using Eclipse ERP by Epicor, as well as business intelligence tools is a plus.
- Attention to detail, can-do attitude, and strong analytic and communication skills.
- Professionalism, strong work ethic, and an ability to excel within our forward-thinking, innovative environment, where things happen quickly and continuously.
Benefits for the Data Analyst:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, with employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Teledoc, a virtual telehealth benefit
- Referral Bonus
- Generous PTO Allowance & Extended Medical Leave
- Volunteer hours
- Length of Service awards
- Employee discounts on DSG-supplied products!
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- and more!
Dakota Supply Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Dakota Supply Group