CDL Class A Delivery Driver
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
The CDL Class A Delivery Driver must hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with current medical card.
A Typical Day in the Life of a CDL Class A Delivery Driver at DSG:
- Load delivery truck in a safe manner, according to company policy
- Work with warehouse associates to communicate how product should be loaded
- Inspect truck & trailer according to company policy and DOT standards, to ensure it is in good working order
- Immediately communicate any vehicle safety and/or maintenance issues to the supervisor
- Communicate with customers regarding delivery dates & times
- Drive to various customer locations, typically within 150 miles of branch location
- Unload materials at customers’ places of businesses and/or warehouses, as per customer instruction
- Stay compliant with DOT/FMCSA and OSHA regulations including completion of training activities as required by DSG policy and/or regulatory authorities
- Adhere to DSG’s safety policy and vehicle safety program
- Maintain a good driving record
- Assist in all aspects of warehouse operations when not out on delivery:
- Accurately pull product to fill orders in a timely manner
- Pack, label and put filled orders in proper locations for delivery
- Operate forklift
- Use computer and RF scanner to check on status, availability and location of product
- Perform other duties as assigned
A Successful CDL Class A Delivery Driver Typically Has:
- A valid Class A CDL with current medical card.
- Basic product and warehouse/delivery knowledge normally acquired in one to three years of applicable experience.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively to work efficiently under pressure and time deadlines.
- Safety training on material handling and forklift driving.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- A physical ability to lift, push, pull or move items weighing 70-325lbs. with the aid of mechanical device or another person.
- Prior computer knowledge, experience, and skills.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.
Dakota Supply GroupFort Dodge, IA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.