Residential Fence Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Residential Fence Sales Representative will meet with residential homeowners and commercial businesses/government entities who have requested an estimate. The salesperson will be expected to understand what the customer is looking for in a fence solution, explain the various fence options that are best suited for that fence solution, explain the differences between competing products and companies, and then prepare a winning and profitable estimate for the customer. This position requires the ability to work closely with the VP of Retail Sales or Designee, other sales team members, coordinators and personnel to meet company objectives as well as the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in a fast-paced ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism, sense of urgency and confidentiality. This position requires the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer, are vital, with attention to detail equally important. In addition, the Residential Fence Sales Representative will actively assist with other company initiatives during the winter season.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing the duties of this position which include, but are not limited to:
· Provide fence estimates to customers that request an appointment.
· Complete material take-offs, Bluebeam experience is a plus.
· Meet with customers to measure their property for the fence, understand the customer’s desired fence solution, guide the customer through the various fence options that will best solve their fencing need and provide an estimate.
· Explain the differences between competing products and companies.
· Maintains calendar of appointments and manages call-back log to follow-up through conclusion of sale or reason for loss.
· Work with a high sense of urgency and process quickly.
· Work on marketing campaigns and home shows to generate new business.
· Promote a favorable image of Dakota Fence, internally and externally.
· Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
· Understand the local market and identify growth opportunities.
· Works closely with the Inventory Manager in regard to fence inventory and ordering any materials.
· Assist with walk in sales and phone sales of fence products.
· Routinely visits, calls, emails or otherwise proactively contacts potential customers to drive sales. This includes finding bid opportunities beyond customers who contact us for estimates – responsible and accountable to find new work.
· Actively participate in various other company initiatives during the winter months.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
BS or associate degree in Sales, Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field from an accredited college is desired. Construction or a related industry knowledge and experience preferred. Experience with bids and estimating preferred. Experience with Take-off software (Bluebeam, etc.) is a plus.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. Strong desire to grow the business, be a team player and subscribe to the philosophy that we cannot sit idle, there is power in numbers and data and we must use them, must continuously improve and have a proactive, aggressive approach to win and beat sales goals and meet or exceed our budget.
2. Willingness to learn and implement continuous improvement methodologies.
3. Natural self-starter with initiative, high energy level, hands on approach and work ethic.
4. Well organized, attention to detail, multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and have good public relations skills.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Dakota Fence CompanyWhy Work Here?
Dakota Fence Company is a family owned company experiencing rapid growth and offering amazing career opportunities! Join the Blue Family!
DFC Company (Dakota Fence, 3D Specialties, Sign Solutions USA, Dakota Playground, and Park & Play USA), is a growing specialty contractor primarily involved in residential/commercial fence, highway guardrail, fabrication, and commercial playground construction as well as traffic control services. We provide services to homeowners, commercial businesses, and government entities. Our dedicated employees (our “Blue Family”) work from four facilities throughout ND and service five states, with a wider retail presence through our sign manufacturing and distribution businesses. As an employer of choice in the area, we invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our Blue Family team members a great working environment and career while delivering the best possible value to our customers. EOE-Disabled/Vets.
1110 25th Ave NFargo, ND
BusinessView all jobs at Dakota Fence Company