Dairyland Laboratories Inc. Battle Creek, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF A FANTASTIC TEAM!
JOIN US! WEWILL TRAIN YOU!!
This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of feed and forage samples for testing, soil prep, reporting and shipping and providing customer service to clients that come to the lab.
- Prepare samples for testing (feed and soil samples)
- NIR Analysis
- Reporting results
- Assisting customers
- Pick up daily mail (samples)
- Assisting in other departments as needed
- Perform regular schedule maintenance on equipment
- General cleaning of work area
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Be punctual and maintain a neat appearance
- Communicate with employees, customers and/or vendors in person and on the telephone
- Good organizational skills
- Basic skills using a personal computer and standard software programs
- Able to listen effectively and follow directions
- Have good visual acuity of balance readings
- Move around in a laboratory setting during a workday
- Process data entry on a computer
- Be able to climb, stoop, kneel, stretch, crouch, or crawl
- Remain stationary for long periods of time in one spot
- Knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping
- Have a working knowledge of a chemical laboratory
- Good time management skills
- Basic skills to use a personal computer and various software packages
- Be able to produce accurate and high-quality materials and data entry
- Able to pay meticulous attention to detail
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree (Agricultural or Science field) preferred
- Previous experience in agricultural field (1-2 years) preferred
- Agronomy Experience/Backgroundpreferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AUTHORIZATIONS REQUIRED
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Computer, telephone, printer, and fax
- Electronic balance
- Feed grinder
- Work is performed largely in a production style environment with high noise level
- There may be occasions when the work environment is stressful
- Work schedule will normally be Monday through Friday with occasional weekend hours depending upon need
- Will be exposed to dust, molds, smoke, strong odors, and allergens (i.e. nuts) on a regular basis
- Must wear personal protective equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of Hands and Fingers
- Vision-Near/Far/Depth Perception
You must read the below statement before applying.
I certify that my answers are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release.
I hereby authorize you to contact references, past or present employers, persons, schools, law enforcement agencies and any other sources of information which may be relevant to my application for employment.
I further understand that no representative of the Company has the authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time and that this Company is not guaranteeing employment for anyone. No employment contract is created by virtue of my being hired by this Company, and, if hired, my employment will be at will and may be terminated at any time without prior notice.
If employed, I agree to abide by all of the work and safety rules of the Company. I understand that this Company is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. I am aware that the Company may require a drug test as a part of the hiring process. Also, if employed, I realize that the Company conducts post-accident, reasonable suspicion, periodic and/or random drug and/or alcohol testing of its employees.
Submission of your application certifies that youhave read, understand and agree to the above statements.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of this company to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunity employer, this company intends to comply fully with all federal, state, and local laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. Disabled applicants may request any needed accommodation.