GENERAL MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Dairy Queen is coming to Searcy! If you are an experienced Restaurant General Manager who has a proven background of successful restaurant management, we would like to visit with you! Come be part off one of the fastest growing companies in Arkansas and help create smiles and stories for our DQ Fans!
Reports to: Independent Owner or Owner’s Appointee
Purpose of Job
To create positive memories for all who touch DQ. To oversee entire restaurant operations including financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing for the restaurant. To ensure restaurant is operated within guidelines established by owner and franchisor. To set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work.
- Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the Fan’s expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere, creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price.
-Ensure that every member of management and crew is trained and fully knowledgeable on all PRIDE systems and routines, product recipes, food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
- Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each shift up for success.
- Develop the restaurant’s business plan by working with the owner and ADQ Business Consultants, field staff or territory operator.
-Manage restaurant profit & loss to optimize sales and profit, analyzing COGS and taking corrective action if necessary, maintaining inventory, projecting restaurant demand changes throughout the year and adjusting labor accordingly, and ensuring that cash control/security procedures are followed. Prepare financial and sales forecasts and budgets, review financial reports regularly for variances, establish and monitor financial controls.
-Develop and implement strategies to increase average meal checks and frequency of Fan visits.
- Ensure that Fan service in all areas meets or exceeds company standards.
- Establish standards for the management team and crew to handle customer concerns.
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately addressed to resolve the problem
and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan. Manage open complaints to
ensure follow up process is documented in the Tell Us About Us (TUAU) database.
- Understands the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in work flow.
-Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
- Accomplish store objectives by hiring, training, coaching and developing the store management team and hourly crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
-Responsible for effective scheduling and ensuring that the restaurant is properly staffed to drive sales volumes. Prepare crew members’ schedules and approve schedules completed by assistant managers to meet staffing requirements for different day parts and different seasonal demands, and to meet established labor goals.
-Conduct formal employee performance appraisals to assess and review job contributions.
-Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a
cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
Health and Safety Standards
-Must be ServSafe® certified or approved equivalent.
- Ensure that Food Safety is the top training priority in store operations. Ensure that proper hand
washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active behaviors.
Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
-Train and ensure understanding by store management and crew on how to react in the event of an emergency such as a workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc. Lead the response to such events.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by owner or owner’s appointee.
Ensure thorough training and new hire orientations take place; clearly communicate job
expectations; monitor each employee and manager’s performance and job contributions, provide
ongoing and helpful feedback against expectations.
Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing
sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and maintaining
Ensure that all health, safety and sanitation requirements are met in accordance with federal, state and local standards.
security systems or routines.
Attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales by developing and implementing local, regional and
national marketing promotions and activities, including advertising, public and community relations
programs, identifying and evaluating local competitors’ store marketing, evaluating program results,
identifying and tracking changing consumer demands.
- Minimum 3-5 years of restaurant management experience, with responsibility for restaurant profit and loss, required. Previous quick service restaurant experience strongly preferred.
-Managing restaurants of sales above $1,300,000
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of effectively managing COGS and labor.
- ServSafe® certified or approved equivalent.
-Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
-Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer and coach to others on restaurant routines and
systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
- Management skills - excellent track record of coaching and developing employees and effectively
resolving employee relations issues. Ability to motivate and retain a strong team, and set a positive
and upbeat store environment.
-Organization and goal focus - must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to
oversee all aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to set clear goals for the business and actively work to achieve and exceed these goals.
-Technical - proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale systems.
-Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ and OJ standards in all you do.
- Integrity-does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
Must have ability to:
- Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for
long periods of time.
- Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
-Stand for long periods of time.
-Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work around nuts and other allergens.