Daily Kos is the nation’s largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. We produce news you can do something about. Powered by millions of dedicated activists, we’re transforming media and organizing by empowering regular Americans to reshape politics.
Daily Kos operates under Kos Media, LLC. Kos Media also includes our public opinion survey and data company Civiqs, which serves political and corporate clients, and our affiliated 501c3 organization, Prism, which centers underrepresented leaders and stories.
Daily Kos is hiring a Director of Business Development to own the end-to-end revenue generation process within our suite of digital advertising products (email acquisition, display, video, sponsored content etc.) with a special emphasis on expanding our client footprint among large-scale non-profit and advocacy organizations. This role requires an entrepreneurial and assertive mindset with the ability to operate in ambiguity. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on everything from leading pitch meetings, prospecting new leads, negotiating contracts, and helping build the team's internal processes.
As one of the first members of the business development team, the Director will have significant opportunities to expand their roles and responsibilities, contribute to the company's overall strategy and competitive positioning, and help build the business development team.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Research and develop new business opportunities through in-person events, outbound pitches, and inbound requests
- Present, promote and pitch products/services to prospective clients, including participating in and leading meetings with prospective clients
- Utilize CRM tools to track the progression of sales leads as well as internal team performance
- Help draft sales materials, including: client proposals, marketing documents, and case studies
- Coordinate pre and post sales efforts with team members and other departments (i.e. client services and tech)
- Work with the SVP of Advertising Strategy on other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years experience in a consultative, quota-carrying sales or account management role at a SaaS, digital, or other professional services firm (i.e digital advertising) or equivalent experience in the progressive political/non-profit technology space
- Proven ability to self-manage towards defined sales goals and other objectives
- Capable of building alliances toward common goals
- Ability to self-manage across departments within a flat organizational structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with advertising or digital engagement
- Established relationships within non-profit/political advocacy orgs and/or their consultancies
- BS/BA or equivalent work/life experience
Compensation: $75,000-$100,000 + Commission
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Sr. VP of Advertising Strategy. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, professional development stipend, a generous vacation package, as well as employer-paid maternity/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Daily Kos does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee.