Daily Harvest New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We're on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.Position Overview
Daily Harvest is looking for an experienced and highly creative Food Stylist to join our in-house Creative team. The Daily Harvest Creative team develops innovative creative for every part of the business. Daily Harvest is proudly agency-free—meaning the in-house creative team juggles every single project the company executes (think: web, print, packaging, installations, app, social, campaigns, etc.). We're a group of dynamic virtuosos with a knack for creating the inspiring and the eye-catching. We take ideas and transform them into concepts that stick.
This role will sit under our Sr Photo Art Director and will support the team with executing food styling for a wide variety of photo and video shoots—including concepting, sourcing/shopping for ingredients, and on-set styling. The right candidate is obsessed with food photography, from styling techniques, to food-related pop culture trends and publications, to relevant social media content and creators. He/she brings a wealth of fresh ideas for how to style our food across a variety of platforms in a brand-right and ownable manner, including truly unique and conceptual ideas and tactics. The right candidate will bring thoughtful attention to detail and a highly organized working style in addition to creativity and a nuanced understanding of our brand.
Day to day responsibilities will include: finding and/or creating visual swipe for food styling and building concept decks; working collaboratively with producers and art directors across all production touchpoints; sourcing and shopping for ingredients; styling on-set during fast-paced photo and video shoots in studio and on location; researching food photography trends and content creators; and working collaboratively with our in-house culinary team to become an expert on the ins and outs of each DH product and collection. Given the fast-paced work environment, the candidate must be an ambitious self-starter with a can-do mentality and the ability to juggle several projects and responsibilities concurrently.What you'll do:
- On-set food styling for a variety of photo and video shoots—including still-life, campaigns, social, and TV.
- Finding and/or creating visual swipe for fresh food styling ideas and building concept decks
- Researching and experimenting with food styling techniques
- Working collaboratively with the art directors and producers across all production touchpoints.
- Working closely with art directors to execute on the right mood and direction for shoots
- Researching food photographers, food stylists, and food influencers for inspiration
- Shopping for and sourcing ingredients for shoots and keeping our food kit organized
- Working collaboratively with the culinary team to become an expert on all DH skus and collections
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of on-set experience, ideally assisting a seasoned food stylist
- You are incredibly creative and able to come up with a bounty of original ideas in a short period of time
- You have a refined eye and sharp attention to detail
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate needs and challenges related to food styling logistics before they arise and put a plan in place
- Strong knowledge of the social media and marketing landscape with respect to food and food photography
- Proven ability to work independently, juggle multiple priorities and complete responsibilities in a fast paced, change-oriented environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary
- A passion for good, healthy food - but not afraid to celebrate with a big slice of cake
- Bonus: industry knowledge of production including photographers, prop stylist, etc
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.