Dahl Consulting is partnering with a leading Financial Services Company to hire a Technology Operations Manager.
The Technology Operations Manager will lead the strategic direction of Technology operations. This hands-on role will interact across multiple business areas and is responsible for planning, directing, designing and managing infrastructure, while simultaneously managing the team responsible for maintaining the infrastructure. This includes developing, upgrading, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, end user computing and the service desk. The Infrastructure Manager will be expected to work closely with the Data, DevOps and Information Security teams to ensure technology initiatives are fully supported from an infrastructure perspective.
• Ensure that our platform is always available, performs well and is secure
• Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications
• Manage the upgrade and patching processes of our systems whilst maintaining service to end users
• Create automated infrastructure and environments to support our desktop, mobile and server platforms and applications
• Automate wherever sensible using appropriate automation technologies (Terraform, Ansible) to ensure all our environments (dev, staging, uat and prod) are controlled and consistent
• Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring, etc., working with the DevOps team as necessary
• Manage control and deployment of all end user computing infrastructure
• Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance
• Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
• Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
• Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
• Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
• Aid in the selection, engagement, and management of third-party vendors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
• Work with the Data team to ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Provide direction to and management of the Service Desk & End User Experience/User Productivity function, ensuring a high level of service delivery to employees.
• Provide direction to and management of the Technology Operations team
• Manage the on-call and out-of-hours rotation and participate, when necessary
• Create and implement designs to deliver against strategy and tactical business requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and/or equivalent experience
• 8+ years related experience
• Extensive experience with a broad range of AWS services
• Extensive experience with Microsoft - Windows desktop/server O/S and Azure IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models
• Extensive experience in deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise services or applications into Azure
• Extensive experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components and their application to cloud (AWS/Azure) environments
• Strong knowledge of cloud security models and best practices
• Strong knowledge of best practices and technology operations in an “always-up, always-available” service
• Strong background in ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies
• Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets
• Experience with building, changing, and versioning infrastructure using toolsets such Terraform or equivalent
• Knowledge of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
• Strong organization skills and keen attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Highly self-motivated and directed and content to work both individually and on team projects.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Industry certifications in DevOps/AWS/Azure
• Master’s degree in related field
• Experience working within and/or exposure to financial services businesses
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!