Staff Accountant - Entry Level/Hybrid
- $58,000 to $62,000 Yearly
Bring your accounting experience to this new role! Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leader in the salon chain industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Staff Accountant for a permanent position! Interested? Get more details below.
- Worksite Location: Bloomington, MN
Staff Accountant Job Description
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting with the accounting of inventory processes related to the procurement, sale, and distribution of goods and services through the Facilities and Purchasing Department to ensure accurate financial data is available.
What a Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
- Ensure accuracy of customer orders and customer balances
- Perform corrections to orders as needed and mentor the F&P staff in any order corrections to ensure the accuracy of charges to customers, the proper inventory records exist, the accuracy of quantities provided to vendors on customer orders, and ensure proper taxes are assessed
- Process credits to franchisees and vendors for claims and monitoring receivables balances for items to be written off following DTRT guidelines to maximize customer satisfaction
- Receipt F&P vendor invoices by matching against the ERP generated purchase order and research discrepancies
- Track and renew annual sales tax licenses and assists with sales and use tax filings for assigned jurisdictions
- Perform bank and general ledger account reconciliations for assigned accounts
- Acts as liaison with external auditors to ensure required workpapers and documentation is provided in a timely manner
- Serve as back-up to specific A/P processes such as invoice entry, check processing and vendor payments
What you’ll bring to the Staff Accountant position:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 1-3+ years of experience in accounting or related field, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various types of accounts and accounting entry
- Ability to prepare journal entries, balance debit entries, credit entries, and reconcile accounts
- Moderate proficiencies in Excel and skills to perform arithmetic equations of moderate difficulty such as COGS margins, ratios, gross and net profit, and others used in accounting applications
- Experience in preparing written materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and procedural documentation that communicates effectively
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
We place the right people in the right seats at the right time.
Our promise is simple. DAHL has proven year after year that we are flexible, consistent and easy to work with, which is why our clients and consultants have stayed with us, and we've continued to grow throughout the years. Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
Dahl ConsultingBloomington, MN
Finance and Insurance
WebsiteView All Dahl Consulting Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.