Service Desk Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Service Desk Specialist
Location: Redwood City, CA
Pay: $30-$40 p/h
Contract Length: 4-6 months contract
Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leading company in the IT industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Service Desk Specialist for a contract-to-hire position! Interested? Get more details below!
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
· Research, resolve and respond to IT incidents and service requests in accordance with current service level agreement practices; as necessary, you will partner with advanced support teams, colleagues, and other groups in IT to troubleshoot and resolve requests
· Document detailed incident and service request resolutions in the call tracking management tool to facilitate faster resolutions of future issues
· Coordinate end user communication related to service disruptions at both individual and organizational levels
· Identify and recommend proactive solutions for repeat incidents and service requests
· Provide on-call support for emergencies outside of normal office hours remotely and/or on site
- Monitor and take all Incident tracking tool ticket requests relavent to those tickets which the support tech can work from beginning through resolution to ensure quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Resolve or Hand off incidents to local co-workers for desktop requests
· Answer support calls and work diligently to achieve high first call resolution results
· Exhibit a helpful and positive attitude towards all customers and Teammates (both local and remote)
· Occasional Networking tasks as scheduled or assigned by the remote LAN/WAN teams
- High school diploma or GED required. Four-year technical degree preferred
- 10 or more years of IT experience supporting networks, desktop computers and software in a large organization
- Modern Desktop, Windows 10 and Office 365 expertise required
- ARS/AD Experience Required
- Preferred Azure and Intune exposure and/or experience
- IT Administration skills a plus
- Experience in Networking tasks such as replacing switches, cabling, wifi access points, APC monitoring, etc.
- Skill in troubleshooting Level 1,2 & 3 hardware and software problems and requests
· Skill in managing multiple tasks along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner, ambitious and tenacious to solve complex issues
· Skill in remote troubleshooting and resolution of issues by various tools. SCCM, RDP, Teamviewer, etc.
· Skill in using and Microsoft Teams proficiently
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands:
- Work will be in a normal office & manufacturing environment in which movement in and around the facility including working under and around office furniture and plant equipment is required.
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- The ability to clearly and comfortably view, interpret and process information via a computer monitor for extended periods of time during normal working hours is required.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locations
- We have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
- Commitmentto strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
Dahl ConsultingWhy Work Here?
We place the right people in the right seats at the right time.
Our promise is simple. DAHL has proven year after year that we are flexible, consistent and easy to work with, which is why our clients and consultants have stayed with us, and we've continued to grow throughout the years. Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
AddressRedwood City, CA