Responsible for functional technical leadership of engineering projects. The project engineer is responsible for ensuring that the cost, schedule, and performance goals are met for their assigned program. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, implementation, and ensuring the projects are meeting the metrics set forth at the beginning of the program. Provide hands-on leadership for the evaluation of designs, testing, and submission processes needed to achieve industry certifications on in-vehicle infotainment systems and gauges designed for Polaris Industries powersports vehicles. You will evaluate radio products in accordance with FCC, TCB, ISED Canada CB, CE, RED, EU NB program, and other international agencies to ensure compliance with applicable EMI/EMC/RF worldwide regulatory requirements. You will use initiative and drive to provide oversight of projects ensuring compliance to all test requirements through expert use of accepted test methods and knowledge of compliance standards and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead mini-projects for multiple Connected electronics and software (CES) products to help ensure increased profitability and customer value.
· Collaborate with CES platform/program teams for implementation strategies of individual projects.
· Coordinate and lead reviews for assigned projects. Reviews may include PDP gate reviews, design reviews, DFMEA, DRBFM, validation reviews, implementation readiness, status updates, etc.
· Drive issue resolution amongst the project, design, systems, and validation engineering teams in order to keep assigned projects on schedule.
· Define test requirements for new parts and systems that are planned to phase into CES platforms.
· Own/drive the definition and execution of worldwide regulatory compliance requirements and processes. For devices that contain radios (BT, WiFi, LoRa, GPS, …)
· Completion of FCC, CE, IC, NOM, and other international compliance submissions on schedule.
· Define and lead plans utilizing internal and 3rd party resources for product certifications needed for radio and safety compliance.
· Develop comprehensive product plans aimed at completing certification activities on-time and on-budget.
· Develop on-site test capabilities and procedures to pre-screen devices and design changes.
· Coordinate validation responsibilities and activities with partner teams within the company.
· Ensure content and structure of all certification documents / artifacts.
· Track plan and coordinate recertification and license renewal needs.
· Influence the appropriate planning and management of the engineering resources to achieve certification needs.
· Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· B.S. in CS, EE, CE or a related field. EE background is preferred.
· Knowledge of Radio Certifications (FCC, CE, RED, IC, NOM, BT SIG, etc) and associated activities.
· Strong documentation capabilities and ability to generate detailed test procedures and reports.
· Ability to define certification strategies, develop test plans, and identify high risk areas.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
· 3 years minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred.
· Experience in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and oral.
· Demonstrated proficiency in in project planning, organizing, and administrative skills.
· Understanding of how program objectives, tools, and resources related cross-functionally.
· Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
· Creative and innovative.
· Decisive and prone to action.
· Quality and customer focused.
· Strong ability to manage by influence.
Our core business is sourcing, qualifying and matching skilled talent for the right roles. We have an excellent team of experienced and friendly recruiters who share the same passion for building long-term, sustainable relationships with our clients, consultants and candidates. We understand speed-to-market is critical within our industry, and can compete with the best of them... We know this because we are among the best of them!
DAHL specializes in workforce process management, vendor management services, as well as sourcing and staffing services. Our workforce solutions and programs ensure the companies we partner with have the right people, the right process, and the right relationships, all at the right cost. DAHL’s size and service offerings enable us the flexibility to provide simple and affordable solutions adaptable to any enterprise’s current program, as well as future growth. Visit www.dahlconsulting.com for more information.