- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Production Planner
Location: Brookings, SD
Desired Start Date: 6/23/22
Pay rate: $25
Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leading company in the manufacturing industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. This company is hiring a Production Planner for a contract position! Interested? Get more details below!
- Working closely with the manufacturing team and value stream leadership to determine how best to resolve supply constraints to balance service, inventory, and cost to meet business targets
- Analyzing demand requirements and planning, scheduling, and monitoring work center output to meet customer requirements and improve work center operational efficiency
- Procure raw material and communicate to suppliers on future requirements to support production plan
- Maintain and optimize production planning parameters that align with customer and business requirements for service and inventory
- Knowing, understanding, and improving key metrics like Backorders, Lead Time Adherence, OTIF, Inventory, etc. These topics will require daily communications and participation in the Tier process.
- Provides a high degree of planning analysis to support decision making including use of Loop and Safety Stock Calculators
- Delivering beneficial customer service projects and inventory dollar investments. Helping to create local inventory turns improvements while reducing non-working inventory
- Identifies and leads projects that improve supply chain speed and inventory investment. Review and reports on project progress with management
- Actively manage working and non-working inventories in assigned businesses to maintain compliance and achieve inventory investment targets
- Utilize Supply Chain tools and processes such as Reporting and Analytics Portal, Peoplesoft, Factory Planner, COMS, SAP, etc.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improve service, inventory turns, and non-working inventory
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Two (2) combined years of experience in Operations and Production Planning
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certification is preferred. If not complete at the time this position is assumed, the certification will become part of the employee professional development plan as agreed between management and the employee.
- Three (3) years of combined experience in Operations and Production Planning
- Six Sigma Green Belt project experience and/or certification
- Strong systems background, including ERP / SAP/i2 Factory Planner/i2 Supply Chain Planner
- Experience in Lean Scheduling or Lean Manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills, able to perform data analysis with mass data sets
- Strong problem-solving and communications skills
Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group. Worker to manage global supply of critical raw materials. Work with suppliers, and global planning team to optimize the supply of critical raw material items. Provide process support to division Sales and Operations Planning Processes. Create demand plans. Analyze international supply plans. Manage key process indices. Provide data support to division planning teams. Manage reporting process for demand planning, order management, inventory management, and financial reporting. Ownership for global non-working inventory management process. Work with subsidiaries to identify NWI items. Identify disposition plans. Track progress.
Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
Dahl ConsultingWhy Work Here?
We place the right people in the right seats at the right time.
Our promise is simple. DAHL has proven year after year that we are flexible, consistent and easy to work with, which is why our clients and consultants have stayed with us, and we've continued to grow throughout the years. Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.