Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Brookings South Dakota
Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist the Operations Manager in managing manufacturing activities including planning, production, plant maintenance, industrial engineering, staffing levels, quality control, capital expenditures, and safety, as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Analyze material consumption and recommend methods to achieve the most efficient utilization of materials. This will include coordinating the use of material among all manufacturing facilities and facilitate scrap reduction.
- May assist in directing the work force at multiple facilities in order to achieve the production needs
- Implement quality in our products within the manufacturing scope. Generate and implement quality control procedures at specific manufacturing facilities. Direct the work of QC staff and create quality standards to meet ISO 9001 and TCF quality standards.
- Review and make recommendations for changes in industrial engineering (plant process and work flow) for each specified facility or facilities, as directed by the Operations Manager, on a project basis
- Monitor manufacturing expenditures and reports variances to the Operations Manager on a monthly basis. Responsible for gross margin percentages as to S&OP plan.
- Implement and maintain effective plant maintenance programs
- Implement and facilitate safety programs, activities and training for specified manufacturing plant(s)
- Ensure effective execution of ISO training which includes development and implementation of ISO procedures for his/her department(s)
- Implements projects as assigned by Operations Manager
- Ensure that TCF policies, procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Manage direct reports and their activities. This includes evaluation and discipline; overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems; lead team to achieve goals; effective communication, etc.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (preference for degree in industrial engineering or manufacturing engineering)
- 5+ years’ experience in sheet metal and welding manufacturing with responsibilities including industrial engineering, quality control and/or manufacturing management
- Working knowledge of manufacturing flow, machine tool technology, quality assurance programs, and safety programs in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in manufacturing setting
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including an ability to partner with internal departments and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead by example and drive accountability throughout the plant
- Ability to meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Standard office environment
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach
- Ability to work extended hours sitting at a computer