Intellectual Legal Properties Specialist - Polaris
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Pay Rate: $33/hour ; $70,000
- Ability to be fully remote ; training and occasional in-office requirements in Wyoming, MN
- Candidates must be local
Dahl Consulting is currently partnering with a leader in the Powersports industry. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. Polaris is hiring an IP Specialist for a contract to hire position! Interested? Get more details below.
- Microsoft suite experience (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Team player and a self-starter
- Flexible and able to wear multiple hats
- Patent experience
- Intellectual property experience (patent focus)
- Docketing experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the intellectual property docketing system through data entry, audit and review
- Review incoming and outgoing domestic and international patent correspondence, enter/clear dates in docketing system
- Scan and save mail to applicable matters in document management system
- Collaborate with team members to review processes and procedures and to implement improvements
- Track updates from US and international PTOs that may impact the IP department
- Process invoices and assist in budget management
- Manage Polaris inventor award program
- Assist in organizing annual IP Award Event
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment (e.g., via phone, web/videoconference)
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Suite and the willingness to learn new systems and applications
- A superior work ethic, combined with a positive attitude and a great sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in taking initiative while asking for direction or clarification and consulting others, as appropriate
- Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of U.S. and international patent prosecution procedures
- Problem solver and a team player with the ability to exercise independence and professional judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with diplomacy
- Ability to proofread material for contextual, grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider paralegal certificate or similar degree with experience
- 5+ years of recent experience in IP field/role, with an emphasis on patents and docketing
- Familiarity with docketing databases, ANAQUA IP management software preferred
- This position is telework and may require intermittent time at one of our engineering facilities in Roseau or Wyoming. Individuals must live within driving distance to either the Wyoming or Roseau Polaris site.
- Standard day shift, 8am-5pm (somewhat flexible start/end times)
Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
LegalView all jobs at Dahl Consulting
Get fresh Intellectual Property Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.