Location: Colorado Springs, CO
This is a 4 month assignment as we are looking to fill an immediate need for upcoming maternity leave.
Pay Rate: $35-45/hour plus benefits (health, dental, life insurance, 401K)
Provides financial information to management by preparing, reviewing and analyzing monthly general ledger activity, preparing and analyzing financial accounting reports, providing any additional necessary analysis of the accounting activity, making recommendations to Senior Leadership resulting in improved Direct Checks financial performance and improved strategic business decisions, performing SOX testing and special projects as required.
- Support the accounting area by reviewing or completing various financial transactions and substantiations, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statements. Research and reconcile any financial discrepancies.
- Prepare the Sarbanes Oxley documentation, perform related testing and communicate results through identified channels.
- Royalty Calculation, Accrual and Reporting
- Complete any financial related projects that are ongoing or on an ad-hoc basis by coordinating the related tasks and researching any outstanding issues.
- Support the Finance department during all audit engagements including external, and internal audits by preparing, reviewing all client PBC’s (Prepared by Client) and acting as a liaison between the audit teams and the Finance department.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Support and maintain ethics of the business by protecting customer and financial information, applying company’s core values, and complying with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Support Corporate and business unit partners by proactively providing information, reports, and analysis. Identify and implement improvements to current processes and reports. Make recommendations to Senior Leadership resulting in improved Direct Checks financial performance. Actively participate in meetings by providing input and feedback in support of Direct Checks.
- Complete any financial related projects that are ongoing or on an ad-hoc basis by coordinating the related tasks and researching any outstanding issues. Provide decision support, analysis and make recommendations.
- Manage workload in tight-deadline, detail-oriented environment; highly organized. Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Outstanding PC skills including Excel, excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project organization and planning skills also required.
- Manage workload in tight-deadline, detail-oriented environment; highly organized.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, SAP and COGNOS systems