Daedalus is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an entry level position designing and developing hardware within a team of experienced product development professionals. Designs could be for various industries including: medical, telecommunications, safety, and consumer products. Some travel and off-site work may occasionally be necessary.
Other disciplines at Daedalus include user needs research, industrial design, GUI design, software engineering, and mechanical engineering. Daedalus provides an environment where everyone needs to be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Participate in the research, selection, design, development and modification of digital and analog hardware, systems, and electrical components.
- Coordinate with team members to establish basic design approaches.
- Analyze and assist in developing approaches to meet performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost, and other requirements for new or improved products.
- Create CAD schematics, PCB layouts, and detailed documentation for new products.
- Conduct testing of existing and prototype product designs to diagnose malfunctions and make routine improvements or modifications to produce desired results.
- Interface with outside resources such as PCB prototype houses and contract manufacturers.
- Above all, make prudent, clever, careful, successful, and decisive design choices.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering or related field preferred
- Zero or more years experience in hardware development or design.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, DVM’s, lab-type power supplies, serial port communications, and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and at least 1 electronic CAD system, Altium preffered.
- Ability to interpret component and system specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of A/D and D/A Conversion schemes, basic op amp circuits, power management and control schemes is a plus.
- LabView programming experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent hands-on electro-mechanical aptitude and knowledge of wide-ranging electronics.
- Previous experience working for a Product Development Firm is a plus.
- Have the ability to work as an individual with minimal guidance.
- Must possess excellent skills in both verbal and written English
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples.