We are seeking an experienced Chiropractic Assistant to join our GREAT team!
Position is located in Columbia, MD, just 20 minutes south of Baltimore, MD.
A Chiropractic Assistant assists the chiropractor in the two criteria for a successful office: patient management and administrative duties. The C.A. will be actively involved in patient care by performing such tasks as new patient interviews, providing education to the patient on performing exercises and various therapeutic activities, assisting the Providers with performing exams and setting up for x-rays, etc. The chiropractic assistant also aids with overall office administrative duties by using the telephone to assist with make appointments, collecting money, communicating between Medical Receptionists, Providers, and Billing Department on patient referrals and authorizations necessary for particular appointments, introducing the patient to the clinic and the procedures expected by the patient upon arrival and departure during their appointments, and performing many other related tasks. A chiropractic assistant must be resourceful, able to perform tasks quickly and effectively under minimal supervision, coordinate the overall flow of manage a high volume office setting with multiple patients scheduled at one time for multiple Providers.
Responsibilities and Duties
Registering arriving patients, checking out departing patients, managing patients' files, checking in and out chiropractic equipment and supplies, recording vital signs and answering phones. Collecting balances, copays, and co-insurances. Responding to patient inquiries and directing them to the appropriate department for resolution. Ensuring all documentation is collected and completed accordingly. Some other smaller duties may include the following:
- Data Entry
- Maintaining and keeping track of office supplies
- Verifying insurance
- Sorting mail
- Transferring patients
- Maintaining an orderly and clean work area
- Laundering towels and gowns used in the office
- Maintaining other inventories
- Ability to Develop Rapport and quality relationships with our patients
- Work directly with Providers to achieve maximum physical recovery
- Interview, Evaluate, and Assist with therapy treatment and communicate patients progress
- Record and document patient care services
- Flexible Hours
- No WEEKEND shifts
- Great incentives!
Chiropractic Assistant Requirements
- All chiropractic assistants should have strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record from past employers for job attendance
- Pass a full panel drug screen
- Complete State and Local Background Check
- Successfully complete the Chiropractic Assistant training
Qualifications and Skills
Chiropractic assistants are required to have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. One to two years of previous experience in a medical or chiropractic environment required and experience working with EHR. Certificated chiropractic assistants preferred. Training in a related field, such as physical therapy, applicable. Skills in digital record management and information technology, along with a basic knowledge of healthcare and medical terminology, a plus.
Job Types: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Medical Office experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Chiropractic Assistant Certification?