Da/Pro Rubber is looking for an experienced Tool Designer.
All product produced at Da/Pro is custom-ordered and designed. Molds are designed in-house to be used as a part of our proprietary manufacturing process. The Tool Designer is the primary project coordinator for new parts, from design through implementation. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with several years of experience in custom tool design. Advanced degree not necessary.
· Create designs of plastic and TPE molds
· Create bill of materials for mold designs and purchase necessary items to complete job
· Interface with Machine Shop personnel and vendors to produce molds to specification
· Control cost of new mold builds
· Maintain timeline of project and report to Sales on progress
· Support Production Departments in the troubleshooting of molds and document mold design changes based on the troubleshooting.
· Solidworks experience, capable of designing a mold in Solidworks such that the resulting file is capable of being used to create machine paths. Prefer the capability to also design cutting tools
· Experience with designing plastic injection molds
· Experience with progressive components products for mold making
· Ability to properly document designs
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including the ability to self-motivate
· Leadership capabilities and aptitude
· Experience in a mold making shop with EDM, CNC mill programming, CNC lathe programming, Bridgeport mills, lathe work, and fixturing
· Moderate to Expert level experience with MS Office Suite products, especially Excel, Word and Project
· Ability to quote new tooling