Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Position is located in South Houston, close to Hobby Airport.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineering Interninclude, but are not limited to:
- Assists with manufacturing process in shop environment.
- Creates, updates, and maintains drawings and 3D models in Solidworks
- Inputs and maintains BOMs/Part numbers in Syteline
- Dispositions Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) as necessary for production
- Completes Engineering Change Notice Requests (ECN/ECRs)
- Interacts with test lab and trouble shoots performance with pumps
- Self-Directs Project Management duties
- Works with manufacturing to establish standards, processes, and routings
- Willreceive training on NCRs, Test Lab, pumps, etc. upon hire.
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineering Interninclude, but are not limited to:
- Proficiencywith SolidWorks, AutoCAD or SolidWorks 2D is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Manufacturing Engineering background is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Syteline/ERP experience a plus
Physical Demand: The ability to lift 5-15 lbs
Working Conditions: Office/ManufacturingEnvironment
Shift Time/Overtime: Internship will last approximately 6 months and could lead to long term for the right person
Travel: Less than 5%
Education: Engineering degree a plus, but not required
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Today, DXP is a publicly traded professional distribution management company that provides products and services to a variety of industries through its Innovative Pumping Solutions (IPS), Supply Chain Services and MROP Products and Services.
DXP continues to stay on the leading edge of technology, training and products while attracting and retaining the best employees. Our corporate strategy is simply to be the best solution for the industrial customer.