DWK Life Sciences Millville, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry leaders and provides the world’s laboratories and production environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals, caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value added services) to customers seeking packaging solutions. Company revenue is generated through four primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii) National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv) Inside Sales selling efforts. DWK Life Sciences supports four primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science, and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare.
DWK offers a comprehensive benefits package that is a significant piece of our total compensation program. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations at inbound receiving and to provide overall leadership and supervision within the distribution center. In support of the Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and providing performance feedback. The position requires you to provide guidance and support to warehouse associates and to utilize business systems to control inventory, analyze operations, and process receipts/shipments. Supervisory duties include monitoring employee absenteeism, tardiness and safety.
- Effectively resolves problems associated with their area of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Identifies and works to implement solutions to make the operation safer and more efficient.
- Develop and organize daily responsibilities and priorities and ensure adherence to schedule/requirements.
- Manages cycle counting and inventory control functions within warehouse.
- Communicates effectively with union, non-union employees and outside common carrier employees.
- Effectively interfaces with internal customers such as customer service and purchasing.
- Utilize SAP system for tracking of materials and shipments to ensure accuracy in warehouse transactions, inventory and P&L documents.
- Support the on time and accurate receipt and shipments of materials.
- Maintains training records and appropriate document per company policies.
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations.
- Understand the DWK Quality Policy and relevant Quality Objectives.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors or Associates in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Management Preferred
Knowledge/experience and passion for distribution, warehousing and operations
Knowledge of SAP or track record of proficiently learning business systems Preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word & Excel including use of pivot tables and vlook-up functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Interface with common carriers (UPS, FedEx, TL & LTL)
- Ability to resolve issues and problems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substitute at management discretion.
Work Environment / Conditions / Physical Demands
These are considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DWK Life Sciences
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DWK Life Sciences