DWK Life Sciences Millville, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry leaders and provides the world’s laboratories and production environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals, caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value added services) to customers seeking packaging solutions. Company revenue is generated through four primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii) National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv) Inside Sales selling efforts. DWK Life Sciences supports four primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science, and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare.
DWK offers a comprehensive benefits package that is a significant piece of our total compensation program. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- An additional 3% employer contribution each pay period
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
Assists and supports the Warehouse Supervisor in the day to day running of the distribution center. This includes the functions of receiving, shipping, stock put away and retrieval. The subsequent accurate and timely entering of information into the SAP system. Trouble shooting problems in their area of responsibility and the accurate and timely resolution of problems and issues as they relate to the warehouse clerk position. Supporting the corporate goals in EHS, ISO and On Time shipping to customers.
Main Activities & Result
- Accurate daily entry of required data into SAP.
- Effectively resolves problems associated with their area of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with union, non-union employees and outside common carrier employees.
- Receives and acts upon verbal and written instructions from the Warehouse Supervisor on running the day to day operations.
- Effectively interfaces with internal customers such as customer service and purchasing.
- Effectively Interfaces with external customers such as common carriers & outside customer private fleet operations.
- Utilize SAP system for accurate tracking of materials and shipments to ensure accurate warehouse transactions are required for accurate shipping, receiving, customer invoicing, inventory and P&L documents.
- Support the on time and accurate shipment of materials to customers and outside suppliers to achieve corporate goals for on time shipments.
- Maintains & files documents used and prepared.
- Operates copier, fax machine and label printer.
- Support the EHS, ISO, corporate and clean guidelines.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and professional manner, while completing tasks on a timely basis.
- Recognize his/her contribution to the effectiveness of the OPS including the benefits of improved performance.
- Comprehend the impact or effect of not conforming with OPS.
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations and maintains work area in a clean and safe manner.
Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate or GED
- Experience in distributions, shipping & receiving functions utilizing SAP preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word & Excel preferred
- Good math and written skills
- Interface with common carriers (UPS, FedEx, TL & LTL)
- Ability to perform cycle counting when required.
- Sitting, walking, bending and lifting up to 70 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work will take place in an office and warehouse environment. Employee may be required to work weekends, holidays and be on-call on occasion. The employee may encounter controlled air conditions with frequent air changes, environmental exposure.
These are considered essential duties and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental. Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DWK Life Sciences
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DWK Life Sciences