Requirements Duties and Responsibilities:
o Ability to commute to and from an Army hospital.
o Ability to pass a government background check to enter a government facility.
o Answer calls and emails promptly from clients who are requesting new travel arrangements or changes to existing itineraries and provide prompt customer service.
· Book and issue airline, hotel, car and other tour reservations through our GDS system, accurately and efficiently.
· Maintain sufficient account knowledge to assist clients without delay.
· Keeps current directory of hotels, motels, and timetables, and answers inquiries concerning routes, fares, and accommodations.
· Check queue’s daily to ensure accuracy and that all issued tickets are complete.
· Communicate effectively with other agents or team members to solve problems and gather information.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients.
· Research complex travel rules and regulations for each client.
· Research and handle traveler complaints.
· Provide travel expertise to clients.
· Follow Duluth Travel approved work process.
· Work on multiple contracts as necessary within reason.
Skills and Specifications:
· Demonstrates attention to detail. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
· Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Responds promptly to customer needs.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Able to read and interpret written information.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
· Works with integrity and ethically.
· Follows policies and procedures.
· Is consistently at work and on time.
· Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
· Reacts well under pressure.
· Applies feedback to improve performance.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as travel rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Working knowledge of Worldspan, Sabre and Apollo GDS System, with minimum 3 years’ experience with a system.
· Understanding of International travel requirements, visas, passports.
· Understanding of the Federal Travel Regulations, Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreement
· Proficient with city, airline, hotel and car rental codes.
· Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service, internally and externally.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
· Willingness to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
· Excellent computer and typing skills, which includes the ability to navigate between programs quickly by using shortcut keys.
· Ability to identify a problem and see it through to resolution with minimal supervision.
NOTE: This job description is subject to change and/or revision based on the growth of the company, customer mix and other business related factors.