Assistant General Manager - Caldo Verde
- Expired: July 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel is seeking an Assistant General Manager at Caldo Verde, our restaurant partnered with Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, two of LA’s most accomplished restaurant owners and James Beard Award-winning duo. This historic 148-room renovated property with two restaurants, event venues and a spectacular rooftop bar is newest exciting addition to the Proper portfolio.
The Assistant General Manager must possess strong personal organization, genuine hospitality and care for staff. Understanding and implementing contemporary luxury/lifestyle standards is crucial as well.
- Oversee the day-to-day restaurant operations and work to maximize profitability while upholding brand standards
- Focus on visibility, guest experience as well coordination of policies and procedures
- Maintain the quality and consistency of the guest experience
- Assist the General Manager with monitoring financial performance including annual budgeting and operating plans, covers/revenue goals, and achieving budgeted expense targets
- Recruit, onboard and conduct initial training of new restaurant colleagues
- Foster opportunities for the colleagues to learn, grow and develop their abilities
- Oversee operations in compliance with legal and regulatory agency requirements
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Proactive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong problem-solving skills
- ServSafe and TIPS Required
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: 3-4 years of hospitality/restaurant management experience
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category,
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
By applying you confirm you have these skills.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
RetailView all jobs at DTLA Proper