ABOUT DTL BUILDERS
DTL is a minority woman-owned general construction company based in Riverton, Utah. We specialize in commercial construction from small facility remodels to large ground-up projects in multiple states.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Foreman at DTL is responsible for partnering with the Superintendent & Project Manager to successfully complete assigned projects. The Foreman directly reports to and supports the Superintendent. As a Foreman, you are expected to work as part of a leadership team to plan and execute the successful delivery of a completed project for our clients. You are responsible to communicate and work with the support staff of HR, Payroll and Safety as well as all other support staff professionals to ensure policies and practices are done correctly. At times, you may also be responsible for clearly communicating and coordinating directly with clients, subcontractors, engineers, inspectors, suppliers, etc. Please note travel will be required.
Your team may, or may not, consist of Laborers, Skilled Laborers, Carpenters, Welders, Superintendent etc.. Daily duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the execution of the assigned project as part of a team.
- Mentor, coach, lead, train, and supervise your team.
- Ensure that work is completed according to applicable specifications and to our quality standard.
- Help create, maintain & manage an environment of respect for all.
- Complete your work with Integrity every day.
- Perform with a high degree of Quality workmanship.
- Create Innovative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Create, review, and modify 3-week rolling schedules for trades and workers.
- Perform take-offs and order/schedule materials and equipment
- Vocational training (certificate) or have 3 years verifiable experience (Required)
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- You must perform all job functions in compliance with DTL’s Safety Program.
- You must have OSHA 30 training or be willing to complete the training.
- You must have SWPP certification or be willing to complete the training.
- You must have Forklift certification or be willing to complete the training.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED training or be willing to complete the training.
- Scissor/boom MEWP training or be willing to complete the training.
- Acceptable driving record
- DOT Medical Card.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ABILITIES
- Expert ability and skills to proficiently accomplish various construction tasks required to complete the project.
- Ability to read and understand all project related plans and specifications.
- Understanding of, and ability to execute the concepts of layout, line, level, plumb, and square.
- Ability to travel unsupervised.
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to: create, modify, and share excel, word and pdf documents as well as ability to take, re-size, and upload/attach photos to reports and emails.
- Experience with leading a team to accomplish a construction project.
- You must have the ability to anticipate the changing needs of the project (supplies, materials, manpower, etc.)
- You must be capable of driving the productivity of the job. Take personal ownership.
- Expert knowledge and ability to supervise onsite heavy equipment operations (skid steers, mini ex’s, loaders, forklifts, trucks, excavators, etc.) Ability to operate equipment or an aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Expert knowledge, ability, and understanding of various construction tools and the ability to utilize them (simple hand tools up to various power tools.)
- You must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all persons related to the project.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor and develop those on your team.
- You must be able to maintain daily reports and time sheets and turn them in by the designated time(s).
- Conduct Tool Box Talks, JHA/JSA’s and team meetings with effectiveness and clarity.
- You must consistently be the example for your team regarding attendance, reliability, safety, integrity, leadership and overall performance.
Why Work Here?
Family dynamic, full health benefits, with room to grow!
Salt Lake City, UT