Customer Service Representative
As a FBI approved channeler, DTIS services are based on security, stability, reliability, performance, best value and extensive experience of more than fifteen years of collecting and processing biometric and biographical data.
DTIS also operates the Transportation Security Clearinghouse and is a TSA Designated Aviation Channeling Service Provider, providing background checking services for more than 300 airports and 75 air carriers. Since inception, we have facilitated more than 10 Million backgrounds checks across federal, state and commercial programs and facilitated more than 7 million biometrically-based and 5 million biographical background checks and processed in excess of $150 million in electronic funds transfers.
We are seeking a Full-time Service Center representative to support our customer call center. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting customers via telephone and email with the transmission of fingerprint submissions for the purpose of routine background checks. You will be expected to furnish customers with the status of their submissions and account balance information and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
You may also need to perform paper and electronic filing, data entry, handle credit card and check transactions, and scan hard card fingerprint submissions. You will become familiar with the overall system operation of the Clearinghouse, state or federal regulations governing the submission of fingerprints and other personal data to state or federal agencies. You will be expected to professionally represent DTIS through all communications, both verbal and written. This position is required to provide coverage for the hours of 8 am until 5 pm (EST).
- Respond to customer inquiries over the phone and via email
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Data entry for applications received via mail
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using internal tools
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved
- Provide proactive support and outreach as directed
- Recognize, document and alert management of trends in customer calls
- Create, maintain and update various spreadsheets in order to provide data to call center staff and/or customers
- Provide administrative support to the call center or customer service operation.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Meet all required Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications
- The ability to type at least 60 words per minute
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in assisting customers in an online environment
- The ability to read, write and communicate in English fluently and coherently.
- Above average familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Possesses and exhibits high level of maturity and emotional intelligence
- Extremely high level of empathy and willingness to assist customers
- Extremely high ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- The ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual English/Spanish applicants are highly preferred
- Previous experience with assisting customers over the phone
- Previous experience in an office environment
- A working knowledge of Jira or similar bug tracking software
- A working knowledge of FreshDesk or similar ticketing software
- A high level of interest in learning new procedures and tools with a focus on career growth
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, an employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to grasp objects; reach with hands/arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; speak or listen; lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds; use close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and focused vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level is moderate.
NOTE: Employment in this role is contingent on passing stringent background checks with both the FBI and TSA. Failure to pass these background checks will result in immediate termination of employment. Background checks include credit checks, criminal history, and employment history. The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
For now, this is a remote position, but given the nature of a work, being present in the office for at least one day a week could be expected dependent upon your location. DTIS is compliant with the vaccination mandate for government contractors, and it will apply to this position. You will be alone in the office on these days and not exposed to any other employees. For the days that are Work From Home, you must have a dedicated, quiet, space to take phone calls. We will provide all hardware needed to perform the job.
Get fresh Customer Service Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.