Combat Systems Project Engineer (CSPE)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Combat Systems Project Engineer (CSPE) provides technical support to Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Port Hueneme Division (PHD), Ship Defense and Expeditionary Warfare Dept. Combat Systems & Test and Evaluation Division, Amphibious Combat Systems Branch. Specifically:
- Provide technical support, and planning and coordination support for Combat Systems Assessments and Training (CSAT), Combat Systems Ship Qualifications and Training (CSSQT), Combat System Operability Test (CSOT), Overall Combat System Operability Test (OCSOT), and other Combat Systems related testing and assessments.
- Work closely with various systems engineers from NSWC PHD, NAVWAR, NAVAIRSYSCOM, NAVSEASYSCOM, and numerous PEOs to ensure that complex Combat Systems related issues are fully understood, properly documented, and resolved or mitigated.
- Actively participate in training evolutions, demonstrations (inport/underway), presentations/briefs, and communications with Ship's Force personnel aboard Amphibious Ships in addition to other military and government organizations.
- Attend Combat Systems related meetings, briefings and conferences as required and research, route, analyze, and prepare responses to applicable messages and action items. Develop and deliver formal presentations and communicate with a broad spectrum of senior military and civilian personnel.
- Occasional at sea periods (5 day duration) onboard U.S. Navy Ships (local area ops).
- Must have experience with standard Combat Systems Engineering principles, theories, concepts, techniques, and systems integration aboard U.S. Navy Ships.
- Knowledge and experience of Aircraft Carrier and Amphibious Ship Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat and Intelligence (C5I) systems, installation process, and associated test procedures.
- 5+ Years Ship Self Defense Systems (SSDS) technical experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan, coordinate and execute project activities on schedule. Excellent written and verbal communication. Must possess strong self-initiative and ability to multi-task. Must be able to work both independently and on a team in a highly dynamic and challenging environment.
- BS degree and a minimum of 5 years systems engineering/combat systems integration experience OR a minimum of 15 years technical experience showing progressive advancement of roles/responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Powered by JazzHR
DT Professional Services
TechnologyView all jobs at DT Professional Services