Mid to Senior Software Engineer
- Over a month ago
- $115,000 to $140,000 Yearly
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis is looking for a Mid to Senior Software Engineer to join the Team at our Colorado Springs office location! Right people in the right place.
Who we are...
To be a recognized market leader that creates distinctive value, new capabilities, and solves difficult problems for our clients.
Our team enables client success by delivering innovative information technology and engineering services & solutions through our proven Agile expertise.
People – People are our most valuable resource contributing to our mission.
DSoft Technology is a leading provider of IT, cloud and system engineering services, custom software and website development using .Net, LAMP, MEAN stack technologies. We are a Colorado Springs-based “Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business” (SDVOSB) and have a veteran hiring preference for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans.
About the Job...
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Software Engineer (SWE) in programs of moderate to large-scale complexity and scope. One year of relevant education may be substituted for one year of required experience. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: U.S. citizen and active Secret or Top Secret clearance required, SCI Eligibility clearance desired.
JOB TYPE: Full Time (immediate opening)
LOCATION: Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Colorado Springs, Colorado, be willing to relocate to the area.
SALARY RANGE: $115K to 140K, the estimate range represents the typical salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge and demonstrated success in the field and other factors.
Opportunity for "Pay For Performance" Bonuses. Relocation assistance may be provided.
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Software Engineer (SWE) in programs of moderate to large-scale complexity and scope
- Demonstrated ability to support teammates
- Use of software development and software design methodologies
- Proven ability to interact with customers and software development teams in an Agile environment using tools such as JIRA/Confluence, Git products
- Experience in solving software and IT problems and possess superior oral and written communication skills to effectively and efficiently convey issues and ideas to team members, management, and program stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with software architecture development leveraging open standards, microservices, and model-based engineering tools to articulate the software design in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of SOA and REST APIs
- Experience with multiple programming languages and tools
- OS: Windows, RHEL, CentOS, Linux
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and System Engineering processes and artifacts
- Independent work to accomplish tasks when needed
· Communicate project status and discuss issues with team members and program manager
· Participate in system requirements elicitation, analysis and review; plan work per Agile and SCRUM best practices and processes based on priorities; participate in Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives
· Follow software engineering best practices and processes
· Collaborate and clearly communicate with contractors, customers, stakeholders, and engineers across the program and functional work groups on system feature and issues
· Support the design, development, testing and deployment of the application database, back-end server code and front end user interfacing taking into account modern user interface techniques.
· Support the Discovery and Framing process for the user interface and follow-on end user interviews to gather user requirements. Perform a user-centered approach in the application design development.
· Advise on product decisions through user research, customer development and iterative feedback loops
· Document designs, process/information flow through the application, User Guides, Programmer’s Guides
· Support the delivery of the application from the unclassified development environment to a staging and production environment on classified systems.
· Provide inputs for Weekly and Monthly Status Reports
- Participation and management of product reviews and software tests
- Successful documentation of solutions, processes, and product deliverables (e.g., User Guides, Programmer’s Guides, etc.)
- Full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance
- Automated testing techniques, including unit and integration testing
- Experience with database development using PostgreSQL, Accumulo/HBase, Google Big Table
- Ability to identify and communicate impediments to the team’s progress and to resolve issues
- Six-Sigma/Lean Man
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each teammate as an individual member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Firm is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon racer, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.
As a condition of employment, every employee must complete an Immigration and Naturalization Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification form) as well as provide the required supporting documentation to prove that they are either citizens or legal aliens authorized to work in the United States. DSoft Technology is required to verify identity with E-Verify.
Powered by JazzHR
DSoft Technology, Engineering & Analysis
AddressColorado Springs, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?