Shipping Clerk 2nd shift
DSV Solutions Harlingen, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Shipping Clerk carries out customer service activities in a prompt, courteous and effective manner. A major responsibility is timely and accurate handling of customer orders in compliance with all DSV Work Instructions and customer requirements. The Shipping Clerk is responsible for the accurate input of information concerning orders, shipments, receipts, physical inventories, etc., ensuring that shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process all customer orders in a timely and accurate manner.
· Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer
orders, checking all orders for special requests and shipping paperwork.
· Coordinate special, last minute shipping requests with operation department, expediting any order as necessary.
· Prioritize customer orders according to scheduled pick up time or pier cutoff.
· Furnish shipping and tracking information as required.
Customer Interfacing Activities
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries concerning receipts, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
· Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files.
· Maintain a current and accurate DSV Work Instructions Manual, which details the processing requirements. Answer phone calls and operate various types of office machines and computers necessary to perform duties.
· Operate the computer terminal in a proficient manner.
· Enter and verify data regarding customer orders, shipments, receipts, adjustments, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
· Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
· Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
· Collect all documentation for inbound freight and route to the proper record-keeping unit.
· Comply with all DSV Work Instructions.
Other clerical duties, including providing backup support for other clerical positions, as directed by Management.
General office experience, including telephone techniques and computer skills in a customer service environment is required. Effective communication skills and skills in operating office machinery are necessary. Microsoft office package experience is recommended.
All employees are required to wear masks, common areas sanitized and health screening questionnaires completed on daily basis
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
1101 Joaquin Cavazos Memorial Drive Los IndiosHarlingen, TX
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DSV Solutions