Commercial Food Service Field Service Technician - Eugene, OR
Want to work in a fast-paced environment in a fun, exciting and ever-growing industry?
Build your career as an exclusive factory-authorized field service technician installing and servicing specialty restaurant equipment. Become factory trained and certified to provide prompt service throughout the state. Drive a company service vehicle that is fully stocked with parts and equipped with the latest diagnostic tools.
This position involves servicing our equipment for customers such as McDonalds, Burger King, Dutch Bros Coffee, and MOD Pizza to name a few. We use a computerized dispatch system and GPS to ensure we are being as efficient as possible for our customers. As a Technician you will be part of a passionate and growing team that interacts with other technicians and various departments each day. Our priority is to ensure we are able to expediently serve our customers throughout North Seattle and provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
DSL, Northwest, Inc, located in Kent Washington, has been providing service for the past 50 plus years throughout the Pacific NW. Our core business sells and services food equipment like ice cream machines, grills and ice machines.
We are looking for a service technician in the Eugene, OR area.
· Partner with customers to create lasting relationships and outstanding customer service.
· Demonstrate your mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and ability to read diagrams and schematics to provide lasting first-time fixes and efficiencies.
· Escalate exceptions to Service Managers and keep them informed of progress or problems.
· Consult with Service Manager as needed to determine actions on challenging calls.
· Manage all aspects of your day; identify issues and work with the Dispatch Team to resolve.
· Manage not to exceed (NTE) limits as necessary to ensure timely repair and productivity.
· Review work orders and other documents to ensure timely completion of work.
· Ensure timely and accurate billing paperwork.
· Cross train to maintain strong equipment support as needed.
· Inventory management of parts on trucks
· Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
· Exceptional communication skills to work with cross functional teams in accounting, parts, warehouse, dispatch and administration.
Must Have Requirements
· 2-4 years of technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service.
· Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
· Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
· Basic hand tools and some specific to the trade
Additional Skills & Requirements:
· Able to frequently kneel, bend, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
· Able to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized equipment, torches, open flames, heated surfaces, various liquids, low voltage electrical, safe electrical practices, multimeters, vacuum pumps, hot, humid or freezing conditions.
· Able to work on ladders, roofs and confined spaces
· Able to operate a heavy-duty company truck and pull a hydraulic operated trailer.
· Ability to park a service truck at home
· Professional appearance
· Non-smoking environment.
· Ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends and occasional overnight travel as assigned.
· Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
· Team mentality and great customer service skills
· Ability to work with technology such as smart devices, laptop computer etc.
· Health, dental, vision insurance & 401(k) with company match
· PTO and Vacation time
· Uniforms and Company truck
· Company computer and cell phone
· Factory and in-house training