DSD Partners is an innovative software solutions provider focusing on bridging the gap between retailers, manufacturers and distributors. Our suite of tools delivers a standardized platform for retailers and vendors that bolsters communication and service within the DSD (Direct Store Delivery) Industry. DSD Partners accomplishes this through efficient and timely service communications and evaluating service quality. It is through the sales growth and improved service visibility that we have gained significant traction using our trademark “Technology with a Human Touch.” DSD Partners works with the top Consumer Product Goods (or CPG) manufacturers and distributors in developing and managing DSD programs for retailers nationwide.
Our associates join DSD Partners to learn, serve, and be part of an environment that rewards performance and innovation while providing opportunities to personally excel and grow. We work closely as a team, respect each other as professionals, and move decisively on meeting the needs of our partners. Honor and integrity are hallmarks of our team.
The Opportunity: Account Manager
The Account Manager will have responsibility for the entire retail account, including strategic planning, budgeting and daily oversight of the team’s category management, customer service and supplier performance activities—all of which drive profitable sales growth for the retailer, supplier partners and DSD Partners.
- Create the annual account budget
- Oversee the execution of all activities in achieving monthly and annual budget targets
- Engage in Business Development efforts both within the account and vendor community
- Lead, train and develop a team of Category Analysts, Field Execution Managers, and product teams
- Serve as the primary DSD Partners ambassador to the account and to suppliers – actively develop and maintain effective relationships with account and supplier contacts.
- Anticipate business challenges and opportunities. Address these in a timely manner, clearly and succinctly articulate the situation and recommended actions Ability to Build a consensus for the best course of action
- Leverage Data to develop long-term strategic objectives for categories based on industry trends, competitors, consumer preferences and demographics. These strategic objectives should be aligned with retailer and DSD Partner goals.
- Become an expert user of DSD Partners’ business tools and champion their actionable benefits and usefulness to the DSD Partners account team, vendor partners and retail account
- Optimize assortment, price and promotion for categories using data driven insights
- Collaborate with analyst team and key cross-functional senior stakeholders in best practices, pricing, product selection, site merchandising, operations, marketing and inventory to achieve category objectives
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding pricing, fulfillment programs, annual incentive programs and promotions— execute plans within negotiated parameters
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and advance DSD Partners business goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required
- 2+ years of Account Management experience, preferably in support of a retailer
- 5+ years of Category Management or procurement experience, preferably in a supplier or distributor environment
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Analytical background strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel reporting tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, some Access preferred)
- DSD industry experience (consumer goods, food/beverage industries)
- Project management experience preferred
- Planogram/space management experience preferred
- Store/service experience preferred
- Possess strategic and tactical negotiating skills with ability to identify and resolve issues
- Excellent oral/written/presentation communication skills – C-Suite Level Executives
- Demonstrated success in growing assigned categories
- Self-starter, able to function effectively under pressure and will have the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism are required to be successful in this position
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. EOE