DS Smith, North America Packaging and Paper Division, United States Asheboro, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DS Smith Plc is a leading provider of corrugated packaging and are present in 37 countries, employing around 27,000 people. We are seeking one Production Manager. This position will be part of the Sheets Business Unit, North America Packaging and Paper. Position reports to the DS Smith Asheboro, Plant Manager.
The Production Manager is responsible for the process management in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, housekeeping and continuous improvement in the production department, while supervising employees in the daily routine of producing quality corrugated materials in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all DS Smith standards.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Development and maintenance of a ‘Safety First’ culture
· Control and maintenance of Plant safety, production, quality and waste percentages to company expectations (4 key drivers)
· Training, planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work, hiring, evaluating employee performance, employee accountability, promoting teamwork, resolving conflict and problem solving
· Control of predetermined budgeted labor costs per MSF
· Facilitate monthly safety events/tours and meetings
· Representing DS Smith via correspondences, calls, or meetings with current customers and potential customers
· Problem solving customer complaints while using an interdepartmental approach, including root-cause analysis
· Effectively communicating openly with both Supervisors and hourly employees and other departments
· Maintenance and improvement of daily plant housekeeping standard.
· Development of supervisors for advancement within company
· Participation and resolution of employee relations issues
· Active participation in the development of capital and project spending
· Manages supervisors who supervise a total of 60 +/- employees in the Corrugator and Converting Depts.
· Supervises and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Travel up to 10% - will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid
Education & Certifications
Five plus years of supervisory experience in corrugated manufacturing is preferred. Bachelors or Associates degree is preferred.
DS Smith provides benefits (medical, dental, & prescription) to newly hired employees. EEO employer.
DS Smith, North America Packaging and Paper Division, United StatesWhy Work Here?
Redefining packaging for a changing world, DS Smith is an essential part of the supply chain and a world leader in sustainable packaging.
DS Smith is a global leader in providing sustainable, customer-specific packaging with an emphasis on state-of-the art packaging design and local service close to customer facilities. With a product portfolio that includes transit packaging, consumer packaging, displays and promotional packaging, customized protective packaging and industrial packaging, DS Smith answers to each market requirement. DS Smith provides benefits (medical, dental, & prescription) to newly hired employees. EEO employer.
3021 Taylor DrAsheboro, NC