DS Smith, North America Packaging and Paper Division, United States Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Entry Rate: $23.00 – $30.18
Shift Differential: $.25 - $.50 per/hr **
Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401k Employer Match
DS Smith in Columbia South Carolina is currently seeking an Maintenance Technician.
This is a highly skilled hourly position that is a key resource to ensuring our manufacturing operations run efficiently and requires a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. Maintenance Technician will be expected to possess and refine multiple skills in both Mechanical and Electrical crafts.
The function of the Maintenance Technician is to safely and efficiently troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install equipment in compliance with all plant policies and procedures with the highest standards of workmanship and professionalism. This job requires experience working with machinery and mechanical equipment such as: motors, pneumatic/hydraulic components, conveyor systems, and production lines and equipment. This job also requires experience reading diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications. Using hand tools, power tools, precision-measuring and testing instruments are also required. The candidate will respond to all maintenance issues, both mechanical and electrical throughout the plant and perform other duties, as required.
- Must be willing to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years of mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, military environment or an Associate or technical degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, Electronic Technology or a related field
- Experience with conveyors, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics and fabrication
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and working with PLC’s, HMI’s, A/C & D/C motors, drives, encoders, resolvers, control systems, bearings, gearboxes, drive systems.
- Must be able to read electrical and maintenance schematics / blueprints
- Must have experience diagnosing mechanical and electronic systems using various tools and computers
- Must be willing to work in high or confined spaces
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required
- Must be willing to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Must be willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, climbing, and stooping) with or without accommodation
- Must be willing to share and gain knowledge from other technicians and machine operators
- Must have Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and NFPA standards
- Ability to use computer-based systems and software to include Microsoft Office Suite
DS Smith, North America Packaging and Paper Division, United StatesWhy Work Here?
We are redefining packaging for a changing world. We are deemed an essential business in the supply chain.
DS Smith is a global leading packaging company of customer-specific packaging with emphasis on state-of-the art packaging design and local service close to customer facilities. With a product portfolio that includes transit packaging, consumer packaging, displays and promotional packaging, customized protective packaging and industrial packaging, DS Smith answers to each market requirement. DS Smith provides benefits (medical, dental, & prescription) to newly hired employees.