Inside Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction in all assigned accounts. Furthermore, this position's primary responsibility will be customer support and customer/product project management.
The Inside Sales Representative will develop, maintain and grow a portfolio of accounts by focusing on the local purchasing decision makers at customers that can be serviced by their assigned DS Smith Business Unit that produce items to address their local customer’s packaging needs. The Inside Sales Representative will initiate, track, manage and deliver all aspects of new customer/product onboarding as directed by BUSD or BUSM
Areas of Responsibility
· Meet or exceed KPI of Revenue
· Meet or exceed KPI of Volume
· Meet or exceed KPI of Profit
Margin Management and growth
· Account plans for all accounts in their portfolio assigned
· Actions identified and implemented for “hot spot” customers (MOVC <5%)
Execute DSS strategy into market
· Manage customer contacts to drive customer satisfaction improvement
· Hold and manage quarterly business reviews with top accounts.
· Manage in-house orders, attend production meetings, work with the operations team and communicate lead times to the customer
· Place outgoing calls within existing accounts to build relationships, conduct surveys and promote new products.
· Assist outside sales in various functions related to reporting and analyzation.
· Identify decision-makers amongst the targeted leads to initiate the sales process.
· Determine strategic approaches for sales within account portfolio.
· Working with the Customer Service Manager and Sales Manager to ensure planning/onboarding for accounts.
Manage day to day customer relationship and project activities.
Provide accurate sales forecast to SOP process.
Improve the level of sales, profitability, and engagement between DSS NAP and customer.
No direct reports.
Indirect relationships include local plant customer service, plant leadership, fellow sales team members, etc.
Education & certifications
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Sales experience in Packaging or related industry desired.
Job specific technical requirements
· Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry.
· Researches and analyzes customer gaps and produces viable, DSS specific value-based solutions/offerings.
· Sells solutions by establishing contact and developing relationships with multilevel customer prospects; providing solution offers.
· Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance.
· Identifies improvement opportunities with design or new product introduction by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, competitors and DSS unique capabilities.
· Learns new design innovations both graphic and structural – to be able to sell innovative solutions to customer base.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
· Good knowledge of operational costs and financial drivers of both customer and DSS.
Commercially oriented, business minded – ability to drive DSS unique capabilities into unique customer solutions. Is able to manage multiple projects/initiatives and collaborate internally to achieve success. Strong selling and results orientation. Analytical and understanding of margin generation on sales, Outstanding communications both written and oral, negotiations and selling ability. Several years of experience developing, maintaining and growing accounts.
DS Smith provides benefits (medical, dental, & prescription) to newly hired employees. EEO employer.
DS Smith, North America Packaging and Paper Division, United States
128 Crews DrColumbia, SC
Get fresh Inside Account Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.