DS Bus Lines Shawnee, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Contract Manager
The Charter Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, scheduling, approving, and creating work assignments in regard to charter / field trips requests. The Coordinator must work within the guidelines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and payroll guidelines regarding O.T. hours and DOT work restrictions.
1. Take field trip or Charter business orders through the Online System, e-mail, or over the phone
2. Enter and record trips into company’s proprietary system
3. Post and assign charter trips in accordance with Union and Company guidelines
4. Determine map routes, assigns driver coverage and provide trip details to Drivers and Dispatchers
5. Generate trip reports as needed for DS Bus management or others
6. Communicate with customers, invoice trips and track payments
7. Perform general office duties including writing letters, generating reports, drafting pay-memos, copying, filing, faxing, etc.
8. Encourage compliance with company policies and procedures
9. Perform various administrative tasks
1. High school Diploma or equivalent required; completion of college level courses preferred
2. 3-5 years’ experience in customer service environment required
3. Strong customer service skills required
4. Solid data entry skills required
5. Proficient use of computers required; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
6. One or more years of driving experience on field trips preferred. May be asked to drive as a substitute.
7. Strong verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette skills; ability to respond and present professionally to callers and customers.
8. Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision
1. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with emphasis on oral communications skills.
2. Interact with a diverse group of individuals in a courteous and tactful manner, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
3. Prioritize and multi-task; ability to work accurately and frequently under pressure and with interruptions.
4. Work independently and in a team situation
5. Handle problems and stressful situations tactfully and apply pro-active problem-solving skills.
6. Maintain confidentiality.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Modern office procedures, practices and computer equipment and programs.
1. Be able to tolerate heat. Most school buses are not air conditioned and get very hot in the summer months.
2. Able to work in an environment with limited to moderate level of supervision and an atmosphere of informal autonomy: This requires an adaptability to variable pressures and paces in any given work day.
3. Able to perform multiple task simultaneously while concentrating on safety of children, as well as their physical, mental, or emotional needs.
4. Be able to tolerate diesel fuel fumes, odors, and moderate dust conditions
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Work evenings or weekends as required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Working knowledge of two-way radio equipment operation and dispatching devices.
2. Appropriate dispatching policies and practices, or ability to learn within a reasonable amount of time.
3. Relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, and Company standards, policies, and procedure related to transportation processes, or ability to learn within a reasonable amount of time.
4. Geographic region, school locations, District bus routes, and student transporting equipment, or ability to learn within a reasonable amount of time.
5. Ability to become familiar with District streets and roads, read maps, and learn about transportation equipment and student needs.
6. Drive a school bus and other district vehicles safely and efficiently, as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DS Bus LinesWhy Work Here?
Growing company looking for exceptional people to join our team!!
DS Bus Lines is a family-owned and operated employee shuttle & school bus contracting services company located in Shawnee, KS. Previously, under the name School Services and Leasing, Inc., we were one of the largest, privately-owned student transportation services in the US. Our employees, experience, and expertise remain at the industry’s forefront.