Manager - Materials
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DRT Aerospace is a leader in machining aerospace, defense, and space components. Across DRT, our teammates contribute in the R&D and production of jet engine components, missile systems, land base turbines, and the rapid growth of the space program.
At DRT, our precision parts and assemblies are positioned in virtually every commercial and military aircraft.
We are on a mission to create a technical team capable of developing industry leading innovation, precision, and productivity. Supported by outstanding metrology, equipment, and facilities, our teams collaboratively provide unmatched services to the world’s leading OEMs and Tier I suppliers.
Join us on our lean journey, our Industry 4.0 journey, and our journey to win.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Winsted Location:
Position eligible for Hiring Bonus!
- Coordination and distribution of finished goods in compliance with company policy and AS9100 regulations and production requirements.
- Managing procurement of raw material, assembly details, and shipping container requirements per customer specifications
- Manage the internal and external logistics for O/V and materials deliveries and shipments
- Work with material and O/V suppliers for cost reduction and lead-time reduction initiatives
- Maintains top level customer requirements by managing the distribution of manufactured product. Analyzes customer requirements and oversees level-load schedules. Communicate status of job orders on regular basis
- Leads Production, Scheduling and Shipping/Receiving teams. Directly supervises personnel: To include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Effectively carry out all responsibilities of managerial role, including requirements pertaining to performance management, employee development, interdepartmental cooperation, EEOO/AAP Diversity and leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP/MRP principles and materials management. Update KPI’s and provide root cause/corrective actions as necessary. Ensuring the ERP system, through the supply chain parameters, is effectively set and maintained to provide the highest quality planning for operational execution
- Ensures adherence to Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance. Responsible to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality departments to ensure integrity and shipping requirements are met
- Manage planning, scheduling, and execution of job orders – adjust to meet deadlines
- Facilitate daily meetings to prioritize and plan activities to ensure on-time delivery
- Perform inventory management for timely delivery and minimizing transportation charges.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience and 5 + years in aerospace or precision machining/manufacturing with a MINIMUM or 3+ year supervisory experience
- Proven leadership, organizational, analytical and communication skills
DRT is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including MEDICAL COVERAGE FROM DAY ONE! In addition to dental insurance, disability and (voluntary) life insurances, we offer a 401k with company match.
DRT is An Equal Opportunity Employer
DRT Holdings, LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DRT Holdings, LLC