Aerospace Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DRT Aerospace is a leader in machining aerospace, defense, and space components. Across DRT, our teammates contribute in the R&D and production of jet engine components, missile systems, land base turbines, and the rapid growth of the space program.
At DRT, our precision parts and assemblies are positioned in virtually every commercial and military aircraft. Our scope covers the nose to tail of an aircraft, including landing gear, complex engine components and electrical systems.
We are on a mission to create a technical team capable of developing industry leading innovation, precision, and productivity. Supported by outstanding metrology, equipment, and facilities, our teams collaboratively provide unmatched services to the world’s leading OEMs and Tier I suppliers.
Join us on our lean journey, our Industry 4.0 journey, and our journey to win.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Winsted, CT location: Program Manager
The Program Manager is responsible for the process development and implementation of a new product in production. The Program Manager coordinates the activities and communication with the OEM customer, third party suppliers, and internal resources. The Program Manager leads a team of direct and indirect team members to achieve successful production implementation. The Program Manager is responsible for project plan definition, execution to plan, and meeting requirements for performance and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; capable of formal and informal discussions at all levels of the business, customer, and supplier organizations; has a professional presence; recognizes the importance of networking and a positive working relationship; willingness to learn and share knowledge; values the diversity of ideas.
- Travel to and from customers locations and suppliers may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel.
- Demonstrated leadership with strong cross-functional influence/interpersonal skills, drive for success/winning attitude. Takes ownership and delivers on objectives/milestones.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and adhere to business-critical deadlines.
- Directs and supervises all internal support resources and external subcontractors for the performance of project assignments and activities.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Advise and provides recommendations on candidates for employment, conducts performance evaluations and provides annual reviews input for assigned staff as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proven experience establishing milestones, project planning and implementation (execution skills) while meeting commitments; prioritizing, scheduling, and planning; anticipating obstacles and managing risk.
- Develops detailed work plans, cost and schedule estimates, resource staffing plans, and regularly performs analysis to track cost, schedule, and performance progress and briefs internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the performance of larger technical projects according to contract requirements and company business management policies, procedures, and guideline from original concept through final delivery.
- Plans, conducts, and supervises assignments in larger and more complex projects that share common resources.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, 8D, etc
- Possesses understanding of major functional and cross-functional business processes and related metrics (Engineering, Logistics, Operations, Finance, Purchasing and Sales).
- Provides technical and analytical guidance and task prioritization to project team
- Communicate with other associates to determine the optimum way to manufacture parts.
- Establish and execute plan for development of fixtures and selection of tooling for manufacturing processes.
- Establish and execute plan for definition of routers and process sheets for manufacturing and inspection processes
- Ensures all deliverables meet strict quality standards and is the customer’s POC for ensuring deliverable are submitted on-time and in the correct format.
- Establish plan for inspection, reporting, and approval of the new product in accordance with customer procedures.
- Establish plan for certification of special processes including equipment calibration, and customer approval of processes.
- Establish Quality plans in accordance with internal Quality Management System requirements
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mid-to-Advanced level Microsoft Project experience.
- Mid-to-Advanced Microsoft Office and Adobe experience.
- Most recent experience MUST INCLUDE 75% or more direct Program Management. experience in an aerospace function.
- At least 4 years in a management capacity.
- Possess technical engineering degree or equivalent science-based degree.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check and possibly a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen or provide documented proof or right to work in the USA for any employer.
- Must be fluent in English with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing drawings, technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 10 - 15 years of experience in aerospace industry
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Prior experience working in a shop with an AS9100 or ISO9000 quality system.
- Ability to read and interpret customer engineering drawings and specifications, and interpret into manufacturing processes.
- Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers including decimals and fractions
- Uses simple formulae, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules
- Checks reports, forms, records and comparable data where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- BS in Engineering
- Experience with airfoil manufacturing
- Experience working with Pratt and Whitney
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience working with R&D teams and transitioning R&D systems into operations highly desired.
- TS/SCI strongly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Work would be in an office environment and manufacturing facility environment
DRT Holdings, LLC
Get fresh Director Aerospace jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.