DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's largest, most complex health system and only level 1 trauma center. This is a direct hire (not travel or contract), educator opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This “Not For Profit” hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
This position provides the opportunity to express your passion and dedication for preoperative education with a growing hospital and in a great working environment.
- Direct hire, full time educator opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Day Shift
- Due to hospital growth and expansion; significant opportunity for upward advancement.
- Salary: $60k - $80k BOE
- The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
As a member of a multi-faceted and highly integrated team of Education Specialists, partners within Medical System to ensure educational needs are identified, assessed, prioritized, resourced, and curriculum developed and delivered to achieve targeted results and optimum outcomes.
- Works to successfully meet the educational needs of the Medical System, under direction of Clinical Education leaders, and in collaboration with/support of the various nursing, ancillary and support department leaders within the organization
- Provide educational leadership and expertise within the specified clinical/technical discipline(s)
- Serve on one or more functional teams accountable for supporting core hospital orientation and continuing education activities
- Demonstrate and apply expertise pertaining to one or more of the following core processes: educational assessment; planning; curriculum development; educational design & delivery; documentation; measurement & performance improvement
- Works collaboratively with leaders, clinical and other experts, and colleagues throughout the organization to orchestrate right content, methods and resources to achieve Another Level of Education
- Assist with planning, prioritizing, developing, targeting, delivering and measuring effectiveness of educational offerings through a variety of educational media
- Works to achieve staff retention and employee engagement through effective management of processes resulting in fulfillment of learning needs
- Maintain clinical expertise in assigned area(s), continually monitoring for and incorporating changes in evidence-based practices, demonstrated best practice, and patient/client population data
- Assigned areas include: Cardiovascular, Emergency/Procedural, Informatics, Intensive Care, Medicine, Neonate, Nephrology/Transplant, Neurosciences, Oncology, Pediatrics, Surgical, Trauma, Women’s and Professional Development
- Serve on one or more functional team supporting core educational programming and will provide expertise to the team to enhance specific elements of the educational process. *
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; Master’s level education preferred
- Experience: Four (4) years experience to include combination of relevant clinical/technical practice, responsibility for educational functions/processes and/or leadership accountabilities.
- Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Current licensure from the State of Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. BLS (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expertise, knowledge and skills to fulfill the full role, inclusive of Clinical/Technical Expertise, Functional Support, and Education Process Expertise
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in assessing for/addressing adult learning needs in a hospital setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly integrated environment, with strong matrixed reporting potential.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication. Strong research, analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize full range of computer software and learning technology to achieve educational goals and outcomes.
- Evidence of personal plan for professional development and continuous learning.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. *