DRG Professional Services is partnered with Oklahoma's largest, most complex health system. This is a direct hire (not travel or contract), leadership opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital. This “Not For Profit” hospital is beginning its Magnet journey and currently experiencing phenomenal growth.
- Direct hire, full time opportunity with a Level 1 Academic University Hospital.
- Night Shift: Wednesday - Friday & Every other Saturday (7pm - 7am)
- Opportunities for advancing in your career, whether it be cross training in another modality or looking at getting into supervisor or management roles.
- The hospital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, but offerings go beyond traditional packages which include; leadership development opportunities, financial support for continuing education (MSN), tuition reimbursement, and many others.
Position Description: Under general supervision, produces specialized radiographs to aid the medical staff in the proper diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Operates a computed tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-sectional radiographs of a patient’s body for diagnostic purposes.
- Informs patient of the procedure positions and immobilizes patient and set up any supportive devices necessary to obtain an adequate scan.
- Assists physician in administering the contrast media.
- Responsible for entering technical data into the computer; evaluates the radiographs and computer generated information to ensure technical quality.
- Serves as resource person for hospital and medical staff. Serves as a preceptor, or educational resource, for new employees and students.
Education Graduate of an accredited Radiological Technology program
Experience: Six months experience in Computed Tomography Technology.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Licensed by the American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT). BLS upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the techniques of diagnostic radiography.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of radiographic equipment.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to assess, treat and care for patients of varying ages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information in such a way that a patient can understand the procedure and what is expected of them.
- Computer skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.