DanceBUG, as the cool kids call us, is all about Dance. Videos of dance, pictures of dance, software to help dance competitions and studios, platforms to stream dance, we even have a TV show about…you got it…Dance! We are the WORLDS leading media company that specializes in dance. If we were being too subtle…we are all things DANCE. (Except costumes, for whatever reason only Doris knows how to sew).
What We Offer:
- $275/Dancing Day PLUS $100 for travel over 4 hrs on non-dancing days or $25 for travel under 4 hours on non dancing days
- Paid training (both In-Office and In-field) $225/Dancing Day for in-field training events - maximum 2 training events
- $500 for end of season equipment repair
- Opportunity to travel the country and possibly beyond (Covid dependent)
- Company credit card to cover travel expenses (hotel, car, gas, tolls, flights, per diem/food)
- Access to what you capture for your portfolio to help you grow your personal brand
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding team of dance Videographers and Photographers
We are assembling a TEAM of awesome Live Action Photographers who would like to travel the country and possibly beyond, capturing epic dance competitions. A passion or love of dance is not required to do this, although we are confident that after listening to a weekend of pop classics such as “The Greatest Showman”, “Let’s Get Loud” and “Happy” you will be converted to a life long lover of dance.
This is a CONTRACT position. Training will take place in January and shooting opportunities will run from February through July. There may be some additional opportunities outside of this window.
Location: You can be based anywhere within the country for this position but will need to drive or fly to your assignments each week.
- Organize, test, and ensure your equipment is in good working order in advance of weekly assignment
- Setup equipment during designated setup/load in window and assist Videographer as needed
- Capture dancing during the competition and any other footage as required
- Upload data after each competition day
- Reach out for (tech) support as required
- Act as a brand ambassador/ face of the company while on shoot
- Cooperate with the Videographer assigned to the same event
- Verify and backup data post event, preserving the files while treating the drive with great care
- Attend virtual bi-weekly meetings to stay connected with the rest of the TEAM and to discuss…stuff
- Recruit a second professional to shoot video with you while you shoot photo and travel with you to each event
While we will provide extensive training, a certain level of experience is required. To be considered competitive for the position you should be able to check off most of the following:
- Able to shoot WELL (shooting and adjusting settings as needed in fluctuating and poor lighting)
- Experience shooting live action (sports, concerts, theater), top of the pile if that includes DANCE
- Some expertise in managing captured data (backing up cards, uploading, etc.)
- Available to shoot Friday through Sunday and potential travel on Thursday and Monday
- Comfortable shooting for 12-14 hours per day (there will be breaks and meal stoppages along the way)
- Valid drivers’ license (This one is super important)
- Willingness to travel throughout the country as needed (we service events in every state except Alaska, Montana, and Hawaii L )
- Sample of work (portfolio) demonstrating your skills as a Photographer. A picture is worth a thousand words, or something like that
- Suitable camera body for professional use along with a reliable backup camera (Shutters gonna go when a shutters gonna go)
- 24-70 F2.8 and 70-200 F2.8 lens (Depending on the venue you may be able to get up close, others you may need to be at the back)
- Preference given to those who have a Videographer to shoot with them
To apply please send your resume and a sampling of things you have shot. We are not fussy on format, a link to a portfolio, websites - all good methods of showing us your skills.
DRC Video Productions/ DanceBUG is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact us.
DRC Video Productions