Maintenance Manager - Gloster, MS
This position is responsible for overseeing the overall direction and leadership for the Maintenance Department, as well as being expected to contribute at both a strategic and facility level to identify priorities and recommend solutions to support the business. The Maintenance Manager will have a broad based, total productive maintenance approach to maintenance management with small project and P&L oversight.
As Maintenance Manager, you will report to the Plant Manager. This role has direct reports with staff numbering up to 20. The Maintenance Manager will partner with the site Reliability Engineer to minimize downtime, track maintenance KPI’s and implement TPM standard methodologies.
What does this mean?
You will be responsible for maintenance budget for the plant as well as the maintenance strategy while being a champion for the Drax Safety Culture by leading, creating, and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, following standards and procedures; and complying with legislation and regulations.
So, what will you be doing?
- Manage the maintenance work process, as well as the maintenance personnel at a wood pellet facility
- Communicates directly and frequently with the Operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
- Navigate computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to execute work orders, order spare parts, assist in building maintenance history of plant equipment, etc
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma tools such as SMED, Kaizen, and Kanban
- Leads teams with planning and implementing plant improvements
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of procedures
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems
- Communicate and support the philosophy of the RCM (Reliability Cent RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) Program to increase or maintain the reliability of the plants Maintenance) Program to increase or maintain the reliability of the plants
- Work with the reliability department to implement recommended practices and participate in training as needed
- Ability and knowledge of developing routine maintenance policy and strategy in line with manufactures and plant manager’s recommendations, to maximize plant efficiency and availability
- Must act as a mentor and coach to maintenance team on a regular basis to implement cultural changes as needed
- Must direct and supervise workflow of maintenance employees
- Continuously encourage, seek, identify, and implement the means and methods to improve plant productivity and efficiency without compromising product quality, safety or environmental standards
- Must have experience to identify and assess foreseeable risks and implement control measures to an acceptable level to perform a task. Assist in developing training manuals and Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP)
- Communicate to all Maintenance team employees the Company’s expectations, business goals
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally and clearly across all levels
Who are you?
Do you have at least 5 - 10 years maintenance or related experience with responsibility for maintenance on assets. Previous supervisory experienced required. You have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Basic computer skills are required; CMMS experience preferred. You must have a High School Diploma and if you have a B.S. Engineering or related certifications then even better!
What’s it like to work at Drax?
If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us.
We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.
- We care about what matters – we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us
- We’re a can-do kind of place – we’re empowered and encouraged to make informed decisions, act, and do the right thing
- We see things differently – we share inspiration and insight right across Drax, and search for new ideas and ways of working
- We listen carefully – we make sure that people feel genuinely heard, acknowledged and that what they say matters
- We do what we say we’ll do – we’re proactive, committed, and reliable –and trust others to be the same
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.