DR Power Equipment, a division of Generac Power Systems, has an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join us in our beautiful new location overlooking Vermont’s Green Mountains from South Burlington. You will be joining us at an exciting time as we grow into new markets and create innovative new products.
Our Product Manager develops and drives product strategy cross functionally. This role is responsible for product life cycle management, and ensures the successful launch of new products, prioritizing strategies based on market analysis and business capabilities. The Product Manager gathers and maintains category research and synthesizes data into facts and trends that validate company direction on product development, driving innovative 3 year product roadmap in collaboration with other business leaders. In this role you'll work with product quality metrics and communicate issues to the appropriate groups, contributing to problem solving and resolution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product Life Cycle- Initiate new product development and manage the process from Conception to Introduction to Growth to Maturity to Decline.
- 3 Year Road Map- Ensure product vitality within assigned categories by maintaining a healthy flow of New Product Introductions, Product Improvements, Channel Opportunities, Efficiency Projects and Category Expansions.
- Phase Gate Process- Drive and execute milestone completion to support the team and process in maintaining product schedules and hitting desired launch dates.
- Strategic Planning- Develop product category strategies designed to drive revenue growth and ensure profitability. (market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth)
- Cross Functional Leadership- Collaborate cross functionally and lead indirect teams through formal and informal communication in order to drive product strategy across the organization and gain buy-in from a broad stakeholder base.
- Category Management- Be a knowledge expert within assigned product categories. Gather and maintain foundational category research. (Industry and Consumer Focused Research, Product Landscapes, Industry & Category Trends, Spec Sheets) Assist in market functions relating to assigned product categories as well as general departmental functions.
- Market Research- Synthesize data into facts and trends in order to validate company strategy and direction. Build and deliver timely reports and presentation to internal stakeholders and external customers, including relevant metrics and information related to the product line or category.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience of product management experience
- Consumer Products Experience
- Outdoor Power Equipment Industry experience
- Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
- Experience conducting primary consumer research
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.