We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our Quality Control Team. The Quality Inspector performs and documents inspection operations on product throughout the manufacturing process. Other requirements for the position are as follows:
- Perform mechanical inspection of finished machined parts throughout the machining process from first piece to final inspection.
- Extensive knowledge of working with all conventional inspections tools and gauges such as (but not limited to): Micrometers, Calipers, thread gauges, Deltronic pins, comparators etc.
- Programs/operates a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to measure the physical geometrical characteristics of a part. Knowledge of working with ZEISS, Calypso,PC-DMIS is a plus.
- Communicates with Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering in verbal and written form, and documents inspection results in required format.
- Create and maintain quality documentation, such as, inspection plans, quality assurance specifications, etc.
- Create NCR’s on discrepant material/parts and insure that nonconforming product is segregated to the MRB cage. Ensure NCR’s are forwarded to MRB members in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with machinist to maximize the quality of Danco Machines products, and resolve quality related issues during the first article inspection and in-process inspection.
- Must have working knowledge of ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Mil-Specs, and Quality Management System standards such as SAE, ASME and ISO.
- Must Conduct Receiving Inspection, First Article Inspection, In-Process Inspection & Final Inspection.
- Must have basic computer skills, including the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Office applications, and other common software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma, Accredited Trade School and or Associate degree
· 6-10 Years of experience in a “MACHINE SHOP ENVIRONMENT”- is a must
· 2 years of operating CMM.
· Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
· Demonstrate ability to set up and perform simple and complex CMM operations.
· 4 years using manual inspection equipment (i.e. comparators, micrometers, etc.).
· Experience with ISO9001 and ISO13485 environment
· Knowledge of SPC process and Gage R&R
· Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Two (2) years technical training in the field of Quality Control
· Knowledge of Solidworks software a plus
· Can lift and or move up to 50 lbs. of weight.
· Must be able to pass a required background check and drug screening.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance / LTD Insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
Competitive salary plus overtime based on current workload.